Truck driver survives 70 foot plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
    Somewhere around a 2010-ish Super Duty Ext. Cab. Holy crap what a fall.
    I believe you are correct. Same kick down in the door window sill, same 2 post rear view mirror, same hood line, same door handles, only spot of difference I'm seeing is the side vent on the fender behind the front wheel. There's something there on the swan dive one, but can't make out if it's the same.

Damn good eye, my friend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 super duty.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	1287659
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

I think we're getting closer. It looks like that was a 2008+ deal (the traingular-ish fake side scoop).

1999-2007 trucks look very similar to the 2008-2016 from a distance, but have a badge that looks more like the wrecked truck.

Looks to be a first gen 99-07 "Super Duty".

I'd like to see a recreation of the jump with a new Aluminum F150 and see if the results are the same (no driver, of course.)
      Last edited by Jesse James 80; February 10, 2021, 10:11 AM.
      1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
      1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
      1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
        I think we're getting closer. It looks like that was a 2008+ deal (the traingular-ish fake side scoop).

1999-2007 trucks look very similar to the 2008-2016 from a distance, but have a badge that looks more like the wrecked truck.

Looks to be a first gen 99-07 "Super Duty".

I'd like to see a recreation of the jump with a new Aluminum F150 and see if the results are the same (no driver, of course.)
        That looks like the fender badging. You'd probably be surprised at how well the aluminum trucks hold up. You can have much thicker aluminum verses steel and still weigh considerably less. The aluminum will tear and generally not be workable afterwards, but it tends to hold up better structurally from what I've seen.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

...and the vertical rectangle for the door handle and it sure does look like the side mirror is mounted on two poles. I'm changing my guess over to Ford. Sorry Dan, don't drive Truck off of a bridge after all.
          Damn. The first time Truck has ever failed me.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Damn. The first time Truck has ever failed me.

Dan
            Truck's a goodern, he'll carry a lot of various and sundry stuff in the crew cabin too. I saw it.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Now Ford needs to contact the owner and make a commercial with the remains of this truck. I am impressed the guy lived.
              I've been thinking about this since you said it. What I've come up with is I don't think Ford's lawyers would let them imply, infer or suggest that they had any part to do with a straight up miracle that couldn't come out so well again in a thousand tries.

Comment

You might have a point, Peewee. The next guy to die would be a legal nightmare for Ford. How about they contact him and offer him a spanking new Ford pickup? Make a great public statement.
                Last edited by studemax; February 10, 2021, 06:23 PM.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                  How about they contact him and offer him a spanking new Ford pickup? Make a great public statement.
                  That might be great publicity, and at some point in the day I remembered another dissimilar thing. My friend in Florida, he got into a wreck on a 3-lane highway in Melbourne at about 60 mph. He was in the center lane. The car on his right changed lanes into him hard, like they wanted to swerve all the way across to the far lane. That moved my buddy's car over and he did the pit maneuver on a Chevy pickup in the left lane. The pickup rolled over a time and a half and slid to a stop on its roof.

All the traffic was stopped and there were already people standing around the pickup when the guy crawled out through the side window. He got out and stood up and said, "Hot damn, I'll tell y'all WHAT! That proves it right there, I'll never drive anything but a Chevy!"

Comment

Working...
                  X