Jeep Guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Guys?

I thought by now that some of you Jeep Guys on here would have had some comment on the Super Bowl Jeep commercial by now. You know, the one with the guy from Jersey trying on the cowboy hat.
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

The BOSS can meet in the middle of my digits! No respect given! Don't care for Heeps by FCA... That brand has gone straight south!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

My comments would be highly political, and that's not allowed here.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        My comments would be highly political, and that's not allowed here.
        Keith Turk hasn't been here to delete your (okay, my) political comments in a LONG TIME. Fire away. :|
        Kidding.
        His last visit to the site was on February 5, 2019 ~ Monster

I would have had to have seen the commercial. Maybe I'll look it up.

/edit

Okay, I watched it. Thank you internet. Maybe it's because I'm so saturated with every constant over the top everything that it made me feel... nothing. What was I supposed to feel? I usually think I'm pretty clever and can figure things out but I'm not sure what I was supposed to have been compelled to feel.

Whatever it was supposed to do, I don't want a new Jeep. Is that an advertising failure? Total dismissal.
        Last edited by Beagle; February 9, 2021, 07:33 PM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

When was the Super Bowl???
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

I found out about this years super bowl 8 hours before it happened . I'm really so done with entertainers taking my money then telling me how to vote and live. I've started trying to starve them and their businesses out . This commercial, if it's the one with the old man and the topless white old jeep . I've seen 1/2 of it before hitting scip and on youtube .What I saw I liked . Didn't make me believe they are anything more than 33 persent American .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

"all you Jeep guys"... who?

and before you generalize, I was in the shop building the 427 for my Corvette... don't care about millionaires beating each other up
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I do actually like the look of MB , CJ 5,7 ,and especially CJ8 ( scramlers ) , TJ , Commandos , big Comanche , Wagoneers and Cherokees .And even the old little square Cherokee, wagoneer , and comanches 82 thru ? When ever they started rounding the corners off . But I really would have to put a SBC in it unless it has a old 304-401 amc or Buick from the factory .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  I do actually like the look of MB , CJ 5,7 ,and especially CJ8 ( scramlers ) , TJ , Commandos , big Comanche , Wagoneers and Cherokees .And even the old little square Cherokee, wagoneer , and comanches 82 thru ? When ever they started rounding the corners off . But I really would have to put a SBC in it unless it has a old 304-401 amc or Buick from the factory .
                  you mean, when Jeep became a JoKe?

Comment

I really didn't mind the 4.0 engine , it wasn't bad . Just not enough grunt for me . The rounder Cherokees were ok performers . They just don't look enough like jeeps for me .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Overall, I was fine with the commercial until the very end. I'd like Jeep to explain what they meant. But they don't need to explain, because we all know. I really have no interest in anything Jeep sells, and I have a whole lot less interest now.

At least GM's commercial was funny, even if they're claiming they're going "all green" (Which I believe to be total BS for the same reason Jeep added the slogan they did).
                      Last edited by Monster; February 11, 2021, 06:42 AM. Reason: No Politics ... nope, nope, nope !
                      1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                      1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                      1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                        I really didn't mind the 4.0 engine , it wasn't bad . Just not enough grunt for me . The rounder Cherokees were ok performers . They just don't look enough like jeeps for me .
                        they work okay if you repower them, box the frame, change the transmission, upgrade the axles, oh yeah and put better seats in them... of course, then you just feel silly because you could have bought a FJ40 and saved yourself a load of work.

Comment

I think you could start with a Unimog and save yourself a lot of work... a dirty Jeep is a rare sight around here.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            "all you Jeep guys"... who?

and before you generalize, I was in the shop building the 427 for my Corvette... don't care about millionaires beating each other up
                            I was referring to the Jeep oriented posts that I occasionally see. I am aged beyond having too much interest in one myself. The only Jeep that I ever owned was a '48 stake box P/U that we dropped a 287 Pontiac in back in 1974. Worked great when I lived ten miles out of town on an unmaintained road. Especially in the winter when my only other transportation was the Harley that I was on anytime the roads were clear. And that was a rather problematic AMF Harley. So I get why the Jeep fans draw the distinction.
                            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I am just happy that the YJ is included in the Jeep Wave out on the street and the CJ crowd let us in. That is as far as Jeep guys go if you own one.

Comment

Working...
                              X