No announcement yet.

Jeep Guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard they've pulled that ad off the air now, They say The Boss got a DUI in NJ.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
      I heard they've pulled that ad off the air now, They say The Boss got a DUI in NJ.
      That makes more sense. Get a DUI in a Jeep in a park. Maybe he was singing to them. I always thought he sounded drunk half the time anyway... Oh well. Now I really don't want one. That and I don't really need Jeep's help in finding my "center". I already know it's the big part in the middle, it's easier to find every year.

You guys are now far more responsible for me looking at Jeep than the commercial would have been. I don't see a 2 door in their lineup? They all look like station wagons... mall cruisers even. Next vendor please.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Going through my list of things that won't get me banned.

Fiat is telling Americans what to do.... Hey Bruce - I've got a song for you.

the very people who were preaching war now want peace.... I can't image that happening - and that is what keeps me awake these days.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

if you dont want to click.

Bruce Springsteen allegedly took just one shot of tequila prior to being pulled over on suspicion of DWI on November 14 in New Jersey.

Springsteen's blood alcohol content (BAC) was just 0.02 — a quarter of New Jersey's legal limit — at the time of his arrest, according to reports in both the Asbury Park Pressand the New York Post.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, Grammy, Oscar and Tony award-winner was riding his motorcycle in Gateway National Recreation Area in Sandy Hook, NJ, when he was recognized by some fans who asked him to pull over and take a picture.

"Bruce stopped, took the pictures, then a fan offered him a shot of liquor, which he took, while sitting on his bike, which was stationary," a source told NY Post. "Park Police saw what happened and they immediately pulled Springsteen over as he drove away."

Law enforcement has yet to confirm the reports. Springsteen has yet to offer comment.

He was charged with DWI, reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area. Because the incident occurred on federal land, the case will be heard in federal court in a matter of weeks.

Timing of the report was unfortunate for Springsteen, who just appeared in a 2-minute Super Bowl ad for Jeep, the first advertisement of his career.

In a statement, a representative for Jeep said it would be "inappropriate" for the automobile company to comment on the situation. Although, Jeep has pulled the ads "until the actual facts can be established."

"[The commercial's] message of community and unity is as relevant as ever. As is the message that drinking and driving can never be condoned," the rep said.

Comment

time to underscore something.

.08 is where everyone is drunk according to the law (thus, the 'presumption') - you don't have to have .08 in your system to be convicted of DUI... you simply must be "in the eyes of the arresting officer, too impaired to drive".... don't make a dumb mistake and think "oh, I'm not .08 so I can't get a DUI" you can, and it all depends on the arresting officer's opinion.

and before you get too far down that road, the jury is who ultimately will speak - which means that even if the presumption is met (the BAC is .08 or greater) the jury can determine that the person arrested was not: drunk, in operation of the vehicle, in a public space.... and the reasons are actually quite numerous.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

And Back to Jeeps.....
                this is Mine A 1950 CJ3 something !!!!
                It's called Jeep Soup, as when I got it it has parts from 1950 back to a MB tub with no tailgate and Willys Stamped in the left rear corner.
                AND the Original Canvas Shit For a Cushion NON Adjustable Seats !!! Vacuum Wiper on the Driver's side Only, 14 leaf spring suspension !!
                AND We LOVE IT !!! (Especially the Grand Kids) Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0397.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	850.8 KB
ID:	1287754

Comment

Working...
                X