No announcement yet.

Sweet, snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hit one degree today with a predicted high of 4..nearly 2 feet of snow and ice piled up in the entire yard .
    Last edited by silver_bullet; February 15, 2021, 09:14 AM.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Th snow sucks, but I can deal with it.

It's the -8F temp this morning that was horrible.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Just think, more is on its way.

Everyone was complaining about the rodent seeing his shadow... just got to mention, the rodent only guarantees more winter, his prediction is not limited to 6 more weeks.....

wheeeeee
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 15, 2021, 10:00 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
          Th snow sucks, but I can deal with it.

It's the -8F temp this morning that was horrible.
          I've been in that town during an ice storm ... it's the 25mph wind that put it on my "no fly" list. Yikes.

We're at a high of 7*F right now, even Houston got snow! The dogs thought it was novel for about 10 minutes, they've never seen it before.

Interestingly, it didn't take much longer than normal to drive across town for HVAC parts today and there was a line. It won't get bad until it melts and refreezes. We're rolling blackouts intentionally around here, sure am glad I'm not on electric only!
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

48 degrees right now. I've dealt with more than enough snow and -30 degree weather, including the coldest winter in 20 years where I had to spend it huddled in a drafty old shop that was barely insulated. I'm fine right where I am. You guys got this.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Ain't got no stinking snow here but damn cold 35 degrees mid day predicting 16 tonight
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                Ain't got no stinking snow here but damn cold 35 degrees mid day predicting 16 tonight
                Hey Dave! Did you and Mary get hooked up so you could be on the DL for her monthly newsletter? Folks, Jim and Mary used to own the Gear Head Inn. They sold out and moved to South Dakota. Since then she's been sending out updates to a bunch of us. She's bragged a lot about how lots of us were wrong about them moving to a frozen wasteland, they've really been enjoying living there. Here's their current weather:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Montrose.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	1288112

It looks like here at Weeville we're gonna miss the horrid dump of frozen sky crap by a little bit, just a cold rain. I watching the Weather Channel this morning, they had a guy on Beale Street in Memphis and it was 9 degrees and snowing so hard you couldn't see much past B.B. King's place. They had another guy in Monroe LA showcasing the snow. They don't own snowplows and it's gonna stay below freezing there for days and days. The headline should be "Weather Out of Control." I actually saw that one time on the front page of the National Enquirer in a grocery store. I just wanna know when was it ever WITHIN control.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Apparently it’s snowing in Dallas.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                    Apparently it’s snowing in Dallas.
                    Texas? Yeah, about 6" in my yard (North Dallas). Enough to paralyze this city (see Football, Superbowl, 2011)

That's not so rare as Galveston though. It's snowing on the coast.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

sadly even the cowboys can't beat this.... well, a school bus full of 2nd graders could beat them, but who's counting?
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Shoveling the sidewalks off is one thing, but I don't miss this a bit......

Last edited by oletrux4evr; February 15, 2021, 08:48 PM.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

De-icing rig?
                          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

We got about 8 inches yesterday. It was a blast pulling past everything on a steep cloverleaf that was blocked by a black challenger. I hooked a pull strap on him and got him to the top . Then there was this older nurse that straddled a center concrete median . She went up it a good 15 feet . Around Indy the embed a sign anchor into the concrete then bolt the sign to it that way when someone runs over it like this they don't have to chisel the concrete up to put another one in. Then pour more concrete in . Well , someone already had knocked the sign off which is why she couldn't see it . We could push or pull her off because it was hooking something under her car. I cam back with some boards a couple concrete blocks and a floor jack and got her up high enough that see could back off . It was alot of fun that made the expense of maintaining it worth it . In the snow the suburban seems unstoppable.
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Ya know, its amusing when the rest of the country gets snow like we do in an hour or two... and I only have about a foot out there, usually its four feet deep at least by mid February. On the bright side its 13 today, up from -10 to zero for the last two weeks. If you like snow, buy my land and live here. I have to drive an hour and a half south for a dental appointment today, just another day in the north.

Comment

Beagle,
                                Here's my Back Up Plan for Power Outages..

A 15 KW continuous load Generator.
                                No Worries about "Nothing More Than 7 DARLING !" Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0001.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	1288154
                                Starts (and can run on) on Gasoline, and then witches onto Propane. I have a hook up line on the house 500 gallon LP tank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0003.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	1288155

Comment

Working...
                                X