No announcement yet.

Sweet, snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just dawned on me I have a cylinder head soaking in a tub with that purple stuff and about 25 gallons of water. It's 5*F in the garage, hasn't been above freezing in many days so I'm guessing any damage is already done.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
      Ya know, its amusing when the rest of the country gets snow like we do in an hour or two... and I only have about a foot out there, usually its four feet deep at least by mid February. On the bright side its 13 today, up from -10 to zero for the last two weeks. If you like snow, buy my land and live here. I have to drive an hour and a half south for a dental appointment today, just another day in the north.
      What's amazing is that you would stay there. I would move.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

What's amazing is that you would stay there. I would move.
        I hear Texas is nice
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I hear Texas is nice
          It's not. You would hate it. Hopefully all the California people will figure out they hate it too, very soon, and go home. Or at least somewhere else. Maybe triple the price on Todd's place?

Comment

It's not. You would hate it. Hopefully all the California people will figure out they hate it too, very soon, and go home. Or at least somewhere else. Maybe triple the price on Todd's place?
            all my ex's live in Texas, why would I ever go there?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

all my ex's live in Texas, why would I ever go there?
              That could be a song.......

Dan

Comment

Got my cardio in this afternoon sweeping the powder from our circle drive with my big shop broom. Used the snow shovel on the frozen slush right next to the street where the plows had thrown it. Took about an hour with frequent breaks. When I was done I took my hat off - I could see the heat radiating off my head in my shadow on the snow. I'll be stiff tonight.
                Last edited by studemax; February 16, 2021, 03:28 PM.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                  De-icing rig?
                  Yes.

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

That could be a song.......

Dan
                    maybe something Country (certainly not Western)

Comment

Was off work today to finish up with the paper work to get Paula and myself's pistol carry permits that we had to wait 2 months for a appointment. Checked to make sure the city / county building was going to be open . Yep . Went down there only to be turned away by a cop at the door saying they were closed today . Next available appointment? June . Good thing I don't have someone actively trying to kill me Click image for larger version

Name:	20210216_130309_copy_3024x2268.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	1288207
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

They probably feel right at home with no electricity.

We have had no issues up here. They did do a couple of 1 hour rolling black outs around here. Real random. My house was off once, but our office has never been off.

Of course we are not a part of ERCOT. We are on the Southwest Power Pool grid, so we have not had the problems the people down-state have had.
                        Last edited by BBR; February 17, 2021, 10:28 AM.
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post

They probably feel right at home with no electricity.

We have had no issues up here. They did do a couple of 1 hour rolling black outs around here. Real random. My house was off once, but our office has never been off. Of course we are not a part of ERCOT. We are on the Southwest Power Pool grid, so we have not had the problems the people down-state have had.
                          I've heard it's been pretty brutal for some there..

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                            Beagle,
                            Here's my Back Up Plan for Power Outages..

A 15 KW continuous load Generator.
                            No Worries about "Nothing More Than 7 DARLING !" Click image for larger version  Name:	NCM_0001.JPG Views:	21 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	1288154
                            Starts (and can run on) on Gasoline, and then witches onto Propane. I have a hook up line on the house 500 gallon LP tank.
                            Heck yeah! That would do it. There's "Off grid" and then there's "Be you own Grid"!

New Snow Low - driving back from the store yesterday, everyone is being remarkably good. Even the brodozers have mostly figured out you can't stop an 8000 pound truck on a dime. Some ding dong is tailgaiting me bad, and I'm rolling 25 or so like everyone else. When I moved over into the slush lane to make my right turn, 20 something girl ***TEXTING*** passes me, also way too close.

I haven't wanted to Pit Maneuver anybody in a long while, and I'm glad I was in the missus' truck so I didn't do it. Ah well... onward and upward.

I didn't really think about it but after seeing that generator and having to replace the 110v blower motor in my gas heater, I think an isolation switch for just the heater blower, fridge, toaster oven, and coffee maker circuit may be in line for next year. My tiny generator would run it no problems. We still haven't lost power but I have a buddy who is on an hour, off an hour for the past several days.

I don't really get how spiking usage hourly fixes a demand problem. You *know* people are going to run the house up to 85 degrees when they get power back.
                            Last edited by Beagle; February 18, 2021, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Google must be reading Bangshift!... youtube just suggested "how to install a manual transfer switch". Yikes.
                              Last edited by Beagle; February 18, 2021, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Google must be reading Bangshift!... youtube just suggested "how to install a manual transfer switch". Yikes.
                                How to make a dryer to dryer plug. That should get you some nice warnings, maybe even a visit from the NSA.

Remember, turn off the main breaker when you do the dryer-to-dryer plug for your generator... yes, you could shock linepersons (can I say "person?") but the biggest problem is you'll power your neighbors.... and one of them might be the texting teen.....

Comment

Working...
                                X