Found Objects - Toys in the parking lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found Objects - Toys in the parking lot

How many of you find seemingly indestructible Lego parts, filthy and flattened Plushies, and well abused Hot Wheels ground into hamburger in the parking lot of your grocery store?

And how many of you bring them home to resurrect? (Tip: Leave the Plushies - there is no hope for them)
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Never thought of even looking for them. Might have to start now. Of course I need another bunch of stuff taking up space like I need a whole in the head...
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Toys in the Parking Lot was a great Aerosmith album, I wore my vinyl copy slam out and had an 8-track copy too!
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Don't think I've ever found such stuff. I worked with a guy (he was our machinist many years ago) and he had a whole shop made of stuff he picked up off the highway. He lived about 30 minutes away from the lab and took the expressway and he'd stop on the side of the road to pick things out of the roadway (not sure I'd have made that choice). I suppose he was doing a service so folks didn't run over the crap. I recall that he got his bench vice that way and MANY feet of chain and chain binders, etc. I know this isn't quite on topic but still "found objects".

Dan

Comment

I find stuff in the road and alongside the road, too. Recently, found a very heavy logging chain at the corner of an intersection in a very posh neighborhood. Took it to my nephew for his welding shop. Made him smile.

Comment

I imagine that toy debris falls out of soccer Mom vans by the ton every year.

Comment

But somehow McDonalds french fries will stay under the seats until they turn to stone....

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                I imagine that toy debris falls out of soccer Mom vans by the ton every year.
                I suspect that they would be the battery powered types!

Comment

I can buy hot wheels now for what I paid for them when I was a 10 year old 49 years ago . If it's smashed I'm not bending over to pick it up . Every time I tried to fix a flatened roof like our U.P. friends GTO the A pillars broke . I did pick up a like new Werner 20 foot extension ladder in my 92 vette that made everyone think I was nuts .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                    I did pick up a like new Werner 20 foot extension ladder in my 92 vette that made everyone think I was nuts .
                    I'd love to see the photo of that.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The phone it was on was lost a couple months ago but it is on the forum a couple years ago . After church I'll see if I can find it .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I generally don't pick up random kid's toys. I pick tools up when I see them. I have gotten 18" bolt cutters, c-clamp, sockets. Vice grips, a ratchet. I used to pick up scrap metal, I am always amazed by finding disc brake pads with the friction material complete warn off!
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                          I pick tools up when I see them.
                          My buddy the UPS driver can spot a 1/4" drive socket from 100-yards away ... he has fit-out about five complete tool boxes for friends, in his 20-years of driving.

Comment

My old job I worked on the field, now I am. Desk jockey so I have not added much to the collection. If you look closely at my car you will notice the yellow wire I picked up a spool of wire years ago it has really come in handy. Hopefully there are not too many four letter words about all the yellow wire by the future owner
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                            X