Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody need a kidney? or I want this 55 Coronet!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody need a kidney? or I want this 55 Coronet!!!

Saturday night I went to Whiskey Cafe' (local cruise spot) with my brother and daughter. My favorite car of the show was this 55 Coronet that was for sale. I have no idea how much but I want it!!! *LOL* It was absolutely gorgeous. I spoke with the owner briefly. Powered by a 331 inch Red Ram. When he started it, it was idling smoothly at about 1,000 RPM and sounded mean as hell. It also has a Air Ride suspension. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the shifter. Spidey you know this guy?

Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Re: Anybody need a kidney? or I want this 55 Coronet!!!

Those are really beautiful cars, that got overshadowed by the Chevs and Fords later. It's nice to see one done-up.

Comment

Man that's a killer car!

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

my buddy ernie bought a 56 belvedere when he emigrated from hungary
        he built everything on the car , made his own dashboard , console and door panels , adapted a jaguar sunroof and outside mirrors
        camaro subframe , 350 , tpi , gn turbo , typhoon ecm - 7004r , a 4.56 dana 60
        that thing was an animal on the highway - the 55mph to 150 mph was a blast

he also built a 72 cuda with a 440 with gm tpi adapted to it and a 700 4r
        was on the cover of mopar action magazine
        he owned one asm throttle body he switched between the 2 cars
        one of my port chester home boys

Comment

That's a nice car too! Seeing the cars you've worked on along with your friends, I think you should ditch the dealer stuff and go into the custom stuff...as long as there's a steady paycheck :
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

thats the hard part

Comment

Spidey,
              Did that guy at one time cruise Marcus? Does that car have a sunroof?It looks so familiar.

Comment

The 55 Coronet is among my favorites.....right up there with the 40 ford and the 55 chevy.....this black one is a sexy car....nice and clean un cluttered.....I would be happy to part with a kidney in trade....
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
                  Spidey,
                  Did that guy at one time cruise Marcus? Does that car have a sunroof?It looks so familiar.
                  ernie usually stayed around port chester - mamaroneck
                  he sold it to a school teacher from darien high school , that guy was hitting all the car shows

Comment

that 55 coronet belongs to a friend of my pops. i would a been at the whiskey but i was down e-twon for the speedway. won't be there this week either. maybe next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by 58yeoman
                      that 55 coronet belongs to a friend of my pops. i would a been at the whiskey but i was down e-twon for the speedway. won't be there this week either. maybe next weekend.
                      I'm sure you can attest to just how nice of a car this is. The pictures don't do it justice. The workmanship is excellent. I'm guess he won't hear you until you're in the $50-60K range for an offer for starters. Since he's selling it, I'm thinking he has a new project in the works.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by 58yeoman
                        Not to thread Hijack but I was looking for you down there on Sunday,were you in the fenced off area where the 1/8 mile track is?
                        I'll catch you down there another time, good show though.

Comment

That is beautiful with the exception of the stupid shifter, it looks like it would be a awesome cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Memphis
                            That is beautiful with the exception of the stupid shifter, it looks like it would be a awesome cruiser.
                            i liked the shifter ;D

Comment

Working...
                            X