X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by pdub View Post

They are big and slow and will greatly hinder your lap times if you get behind one.

so you say, Richard Hammond has the counter-argument

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied

They are big and slow and will greatly hinder your lap times if you get behind one..
    BlaaHaaHa !!!!

Seriously, I do love when they Do end up in Areas they DON"T Belong....
    And that "Lost in the Clouds Stare" Well Ethel.....Where are We ?!!!!
    Ethel, Get Out and ASK......Is this the Seniors Only Camping ??

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    motorhomes at the track? what do I need to know?
    They are big and slow and will greatly hinder your lap times if you get behind one.

If you want to take one most of the driver track packages include information about motorhome areas and any available hookup services. Most of the bigger spectator tracks have a designated area where electrical hookup is available. Septic dump ports are more rare as most tracks are not in the campground business often enough to get serious about it.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    motorhomes at the track? what do I need to know?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    In other news, Buick gets to stay home with mom while dad is out adventuring. Mom was going to be out-of-the-area as well but got a better offer to stay in the area. I'm hoping that when UMC happens, she can come with then we'll be one, big, happy, racing-with-dogs family.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post

The hood is "bling" but it's functional - it weighs 12 lbs. The underside is laquered bare carbon fiber. It was a factory option for 2011-13 Corvette Z06's, and standard on the 427 convertibles.
    "Oh this little thing? it's just a used hood I picked up from a street urchin, couldn't even afford to paint all of it, just the top".... racers, so polite, never put on airs I feel so bad not contributing to his gofundme....

Leave a comment:

• Red_Kitty
    replied

Andy you can do that and get away with it in the paddock area because your front hood is more elite than all of Mister T's gold chains. Just sayin. I hugely enjoyed standing there in Arkansas and seeing all the car guys slobbering on the ground looking at it.
    The hood is "bling" but it's functional - it weighs 12 lbs. The underside is laquered bare carbon fiber. It was a factory option for 2011-13 Corvette Z06's, and standard on the 427 convertibles.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201211_170230_01.JPG Views:	0 Size:	419.1 KB ID:	1293815
    Last edited by Red_Kitty; May 10, 2021, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied

I put my gold chains in the passenger door pocket on track days, to balance out the L/R weight distribution ....
    Andy you can do that and get away with it in the paddock area because your front hood is more elite than all of Mister T's gold chains. Just sayin. I hugely enjoyed standing there in Arkansas and seeing all the car guys slobbering on the ground looking at it. It was kinda like, "Hey little guy, where's YOUR car (20 feet away)?" My answer would have been Uhhhh I don't have one, I live here in Blytheville and heard about all of this so I walked all the way out here to watch.
    Last edited by pdub; May 10, 2021, 04:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

I put my gold chains in the passenger door pocket on track days, to balance out the L/R weight distribution ....

I'm still looking for New Balance driving shoes that meet fire standards

Leave a comment:

• Red_Kitty
    replied
    I've got all that so I'll for sure use it. I can see it already, here's a really little guy in a slow car with a fire suit and a HANS to go out there and get lapped by all the Corvette guys wearing gold chains.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    I remember this guy who came in playing a guitar and had a stock Mustang....
    I don't. That must have been a lot of things ago. Did I ever say that I love BangShift? If I didn't, I meant to.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Ahhhhhh now you've made me smile from the inside, I like that. One of our presidents once said, "We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..." If you don't provide us with ongoing video from that we'll hunt you down like a dog and flog you unmercifully.

A lot of the "get out on the track" organizations like SCCA and NASA have a qualification process that you can go through to race for real if you really really can't stand not doing it and can afford a whole lot of track fees to get there. It took me more weekends than it should have to get me to the second level where you can piddle on the track without an instructor in the car with you. One of the criteria in one of the organizations (I can't remember which one) to keep moving up is they put you on the track with somebody else and you have to run whole hot laps side by side. One lap you take the inside and the next lap you swap and you take the outside. And don't slow down anywhere or you flunk and you have to try it again. Thinking that over was what made me decide that I like level 2 plenty good enough and I like my car even more than that.

I was at Road Atlanta one weekend when they had a points race, I think it was with SCCA. Brad Daugherty was there with a blown Cadillac. You could close your eyes and know when he went by, lots of vrooming mixed in with a hellaciously loud vacuum cleaner. That was cool. One time they all came down the main straight and went into Turn One three wide with Brad in the middle. GYAH. That's...you can't even do that, that's impossible. But they did it in anger and kept on going. That's when it finally dawned on me, they're "racing."

Small steps on a planned route. That makes me happy. I'm not sure this is the Corvette that I want to throw all out on the track, but it will get me the experience then I'll buy someone's already prepped race car.

This makes me smile too... I remember this guy who came in playing a guitar and had a stock Mustang....
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 9, 2021, 08:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied

Ahhhhhh now you've made me smile from the inside, I like that. One of our presidents once said, "We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..." If you don't provide us with ongoing video from that we'll hunt you down like a dog and flog you unmercifully.

A lot of the "get out on the track" organizations like SCCA and NASA have a qualification process that you can go through to race for real if you really really can't stand not doing it and can afford a whole lot of track fees to get there. It took me more weekends than it should have to get me to the second level where you can piddle on the track without an instructor in the car with you. One of the criteria in one of the organizations (I can't remember which one) to keep moving up is they put you on the track with somebody else and you have to run whole hot laps side by side. One lap you take the inside and the next lap you swap and you take the outside. And don't slow down anywhere or you flunk and you have to try it again. Thinking that over was what made me decide that I like level 2 plenty good enough and I like my car even more than that.

I was at Road Atlanta one weekend when they had a points race, I think it was with SCCA. Brad Daugherty was there with a blown Cadillac. You could close your eyes and know when he went by, lots of vrooming mixed in with a hellaciously loud vacuum cleaner. That was cool. One time they all came down the main straight and went into Turn One three wide with Brad in the middle. GYAH. That's...you can't even do that, that's impossible. But they did it in anger and kept on going. That's when it finally dawned on me, they're "racing."

I'm going to the Vintage Car Races at Road America May 14-16.
    Above is the reason, I LOVE being a SPECTATOR !!!
    And I can Enjoy ALL This "Perfection" while Having a Beer
    (Funny Partisipants are NOT to consume Alcohol,
    But They Always to stop to have Champagne, Shrimp Cocktail, Lunches
    at the NOON Cannon)

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied

any road racing requires a HANS - and I'd like to try out the Corvette Challenge

Leave a comment:

Working...
X