No announcement yet.

The road to Optima Challenge 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously considering using the Suburban as the tow vehicle.... I think it'd be a lot more comfortable there (even though it gets worse mileage and a touch less powah)

In other news, the painting crew will be here on the week I'm gone, gutters will go on the house, and the rails for the deck will be at the powder coater

Why do you care? well, I got the hall pass predicated on getting the house painted while I was gone.... checked that box too... I know, I know, no one else has to complete their honey-do list to go racing.... it's okay, I can handle it
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Why do you care? well, I got the hall pass predicated on getting the house painted while I was gone.... checked that box too... I know, I know, no one else has to complete their honey-do list to go racing.... it's okay, I can handle it
      Et tu Brutus, I'm about to get on the tallest fold-up ladder I have waving a long pole with a fuzzy bear on the end of it to try to get the cobwebs down from the apex of the cathedral ceiling before I go off racing next weekend. So....yeah.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

Et tu Brutus, I'm about to get on the tallest fold-up ladder I have waving a long pole with a fuzzy bear on the end of it to try to get the cobwebs down from the apex of the cathedral ceiling before I go off racing next weekend. So....yeah.
        love the visual.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	blower.png
Views:	128
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	1292607

should cover both projects.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	blower.png
Views:	128
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	1292607

should cover both projects.
            how is that similar to Pdub with a fuzzy bear on a stick?

Comment

how is that similar to Pdub with a fuzzy bear on a stick?
              I can see it. You just stand down there on the floor and aim it upward and it'll remove the cobwebs up in the corners and the pictures on the walls and the paint from the sheet rock and permanently scare the bejeebers out of the cat. Yep, that'll work.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

I can see it. You just stand down there on the floor and aim it upward and it'll remove the cobwebs up in the corners and the pictures on the walls and the paint from the sheet rock and permanently scare the bejeebers out of the cat. Yep, that'll work.
                I need to figure out how to trim the ends of the facia so that when they paint our house it has nice, crisp ends. When they roofed the house they left the ends a bit long because it rots off... by making it long, you can cut the end square and clean it up for new paint.... problem is that means hanging off the end of the roof with a saw....whee... my wife thinks she should be concerned about the risks I take racing... little does she realize the only real risk is in the honey-do list.

Comment

• Pdub, purchase a plethora of small teddy bears, insert them one at a time in leaf blower nozzle, open throttle for launch at those pesky cobwebs, or Kenny...Your choice of course... ps, no inserting Kenny in the nozzle!
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    Pdub, purchase a plethora of small teddy bears, insert them one at a time in leaf blower nozzle, open throttle for launch at those pesky cobwebs, or Kenny...Your choice of course... ps, no inserting Kenny in the nozzle!
                    I'm sure Kenny would cover more distance then your average teddy bear

Comment

Aaron, that’s harsh...funny, but, harsh nonetheless
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

He damn sure would after he landed.

Comment

Aaron, that’s harsh...funny, but, harsh nonetheless
                          Originally posted by pdub View Post

He damn sure would after he landed.
                          I struggle to find much use for cats. I figure that by using them as flying dusters, I'd have to change my view from 'utterly useless' to 'only partially useless' .... but no, it's 'harsh'.... smh, there's just no pleasing people these days

Comment

I struggle to find much use for cats
                            The back of the food bag says it all:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IAMS.JPG Views:	0 Size:	118.0 KB ID:	1292750

Yeah, where'd ya park your squad car, Sherlock? Not only are cats "different" but each cat is different from another one. Here's a company that's named after cats' only consistent trait, "I AM a cat, so deal with it."
                            Last edited by pdub; April 25, 2021, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I struggle to find much use for cats. I figure that by using them as flying dusters, I'd have to change my view from 'utterly useless' to 'only partially useless' .... but no, it's 'harsh'.... smh, there's just no pleasing people these days
                              I would say trebuchet projectile, it would be too punny to use a catapult ! That would be catastrophic !

my apologies to Pdub and Kenny, I have very limited fondness for felines... I'm a dog person....
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I would say trebuchet projectile, it would be too punny to use a catapult ! That would be catastrophic !

my apologies to Pdub and Kenny, I have very limited fondness for felines... I'm a dog person....
                                But it's a fine catalyst for discussion. And don't worry Patrick, I thought it was funny and Kenny only said hair up the place. That's usually all he ever says unless it thunders and then he says hide behind the water heater. Unless somebody is visiting. Big Dave actually SAW Kenny for a half second. Dave was sitting in the living room and Kenny decided the water heater wasn't safe enough haven so he moved the program to under the bed upstairs at 73 mph.

BTW, I've been looking for SBG's thread about racing his Corvette but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X