X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

AND we both look stunning in a neon pink thong.
    I'm sure that was an attractor for her. Let us know when the hit single comes out (I'll post the video for you).
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 25, 2023, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2020 mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
    i like how one of the "selling points" is that a stock waterpump fits.....
    i mean NOTHING else does, but the waterpump? winning!
    To be fair . Many BBC aftermarket blocks with different bore spacing are the same way .

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    i like how one of the "selling points" is that a stock waterpump fits.....
    i mean NOTHING else does, but the waterpump? winning!

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I think the manufacturer of the original motor kind of has the right to call it whatever they wish.... I still question when someone calls it a Hemi, BBC, SBC, BBB or whatever when the thing was built with only a slight nod to whatever the manufacturer did. It'd be like calling FGZ Taylor Swift because they both visit Maui.
    AND we both look stunning in a neon pink thong.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    and yes, that pot has been thoroughly stirred.

and pondering this.... why is it only GM motors and Mopars?
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 24, 2023, 10:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    I'd like to add ( 5 months later ) that I do like it . And if someone wants to sponsor me owning it , I'll call it whatever they want . But if I have to fund it it's going to be for that 632 ci 1000 hp 800 something torque actual BBC crate motor Chevy is selling.
    I think the manufacturer of the original motor kind of has the right to call it whatever they wish.... I still question when someone calls it a Hemi, BBC, SBC, BBB or whatever when the thing was built with only a slight nod to whatever the manufacturer did. It'd be like calling FGZ Taylor Swift because they both visit Maui.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    That's a big block, baby!

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Originally posted by Monster View Post
    Hello bot, how are you today?

To the original subject, it wasn't a small block then, it was an odd hybrid with odd features. In 2023 if it identifies as a small block, it is one.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    If you put SBC parts in a Windsor, is if a SBC or a Windsor?
    I’m curious as to why it is called a small block,

I was 15 when dad asked me to confirm his 60 Suburban was a big block. I said no. As 350 is a small block. He had a 348... I know better now.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    I'd say it's close . But no .
    I'd like to add ( 5 months later ) that I do like it . And if someone wants to sponsor me owning it , I'll call it whatever they want . But if I have to fund it it's going to be for that 632 ci 1000 hp 800 something torque actual BBC crate motor Chevy is selling.

Leave a comment:

• 2020 mustang
    replied
    I don't know. I guess if it wasn't built by g.m. it isn't a SBC.
    At this point it is splitting hairs. Same can be said about aftermarket blocks and heads with engineering never used on an installed at factory engine.
    Last edited by 2020 mustang; September 23, 2023, 02:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Hello bot, how are you today?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Maybe because it's not based on a SBC, but closer to an R07 with Nascar allowances for both bore spacing and budget? Honda sized journals in a roundy round motor SBC are one thing, but there is probably absolutely nothing on that mill that is actually SBC sized up to and including the lifter bores. The money thing comes in when a guy sitting at the club has to say "I've got a 600 inch SBC" and the ensuing pile of bullshit flags that are gonna get thrown.

It looks on paper to be closer to a 400 M Ford than any SBC I've ever seen... and let's talk about those heads.
    I agree, it had to be built for some purpose..... even if just to impress....

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Maybe because it's not based on a SBC, but closer to an R07 with Nascar allowances for both bore spacing and budget? Honda sized journals in a roundy round motor SBC are one thing, but there is probably absolutely nothing on that mill that is actually SBC sized up to and including the lifter bores. The money thing comes in when a guy sitting at the club has to say "I've got a 600 inch SBC" and the ensuing pile of bullshit flags that are gonna get thrown.

It looks on paper to be closer to a 400 M Ford than any SBC I've ever seen... and let's talk about those heads.
    Last edited by Beagle; February 27, 2021, 08:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I'll never understand why money ever enters into the conversation. Actually, not even sure why it's here now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X