No announcement yet.

Rustoleum roll forums? active threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a flaky forum, but there may be some other problem on your end, who knows...

I've grown fond of 20 footers...or more....hell, I even got one on the cover of Hot Rod.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by nonhog View Post

Not up close.
      I tried addressing posts earlier but kept getting security token missing,whatever that means?
      I've seen that, had to log out, restart browser, and log back in. My guess is a busted cookie.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

HRM did a how-to on a Rustoleum paint job on a Ford Falcon 15 year ago .

here is the article

With Paint and Materials You'd Never Consider Using on a Car, We Perform the Cheapest Paint Job Ever. And It Looks Good!
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
          HRM did a how-to on a Rustoleum paint job on a Ford Falcon 15 year ago .

here is the article

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp...get-paint-job/
          Yes,good article. Thanks I read where they didn't prime the bare metal. That scare anybody besides me? Wonder how its doing now? 15 years since I read that in HRM. Wow!
          I'll have to prime much of my car do to the needed bodywork. That is the part I want to know, what are the current thoughts on primer for a roll on Rustoleum paint job? Still searching..

Comment

Use Rustoleum 2K Primer Surfacer?

several years ago I was able to buy lacquer primer from an auto paint store, and I've brushed it on a few places...that would probably work with a roller, as well. The thing about bodywork is that you need to cover it with a primer that you can sand to "shape" the panel, a few times, if you want to get a nice flat surface to paint, that will look good with glossy paint on it. I doubt Rustoleum primer is suitable for this step.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I painted a pickup with rustoleum a few years back ... thinned with acetone .. came out great ...
              you could try Boiled Linseed Oil ... wipe on with a rag.. but be careful with the used rags ... spontaneous combustion
              your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

Comment

I friend of mine and fellow LSR Diesel racer uses hardner in his Rustoleum with great results. He says it shortens dry time considerably and also makes for better shine and durability. I don't know the mix ratio but I bet there are online sources.

Dan

Comment

Thanks for all the reply's! Thinking I have to fix the quarter panel (typical battery area rot) and add the 69 Camaro valance I'm in the middle of. By then I should have a detailed plan. If I can get photo's sized correctly I'll add pics.

Comment

Working...
                  X