Donated to Community College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donated to Community College

Hated to see 'em go but I wasn't playing them and it was time to move them along My wicked 1980's drum kit has left the building and will henceforth be a part of the Cape Fear Community College music program while we get a tax writeoff for what is likely the full retail value.

Goodbye old friends......

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0899.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	330.3 KB
ID:	1289328

Dan

Say it isn't so! I remember them in your living room in A2.

The headline however brought back a bad memory from our days in A2. Remember the great Washtenaw Community College Detroit Diesel Scandal I caused during one of the cleanups? And I even had a letter from DD saying to dispose of them... That was just one more nail in the coffin brought about by a certain person who will remain nameless.

Comment

I know what - and who - you mean. When power exceeds authority.......

Dan

Comment

and your neighbors thank you ....
        your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

Comment

Originally posted by derbydad276 View Post
          and your neighbors thank you ....
          Hasn't been much of an issue. I try to be considerate about the "when".

Dan

Comment

That’s really cool that you donated them. Much respect for that, they’ll be used and enjoyed for years and years.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Well done. Zildjian, Paiste, Meinl, or Sabian?
              Last edited by studemax; March 6, 2021, 04:02 PM.
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

so, you are still playing the piano?

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                  Well done. Zildjian, Paiste, Meinl, or Sabian?
                  Nope, I got the good one! Sorta. When I bought that kit it was without cymbals but I bought the kit at a music store where the former owner of the kit was the drum manager and also a studio musician (that drum kit was used on some Motown recordings though I don't know which ones). Anyhow, he sold me a cheapish set of Zildjians with highhats and a ride. The ride was always a bit gongy for my taste (I love a smooth ride cymbal) so I set out looking. I eventually found the 22" Istanbul that's in the pics - it went with the kit. It's actually made in Turkey and is wire wound just like they all did in the Olden Days. That sucker is smooth as butter. Given that the 18" Zildjian wanted to clang I let it do what it wanted to do and it became the crash.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
                    Before Dan's hernia surgery he asked the doctor if he would be able to play the piano after the operation and the doctor said yes. So Dan went and got a piano. <<<snare roll WHAP>>>
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It's actually made in Turkey and is wire wound just like they all did in the Olden Days. That sucker is smooth as butter.
                      A childhood friend of mine is a studio cat in California with a large selection of Turkish Zildjians.... Almost 100. You've heard him on hundreds of tunes.... you just don't know it. He plays live, too..... Doctor Wu, Jivewires, etc. He can play it all.... jazz, pop, country, rock.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
                        Actually no. That's ME's department. She's the real musician in the family - piano, violin and a little guitar.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

A childhood friend of mine is a studio cat in California with a large selection of Turkish Zildjians.... Almost 100. You've heard him on hundreds of tunes.... you just don't know it. He plays live, too..... Doctor Wu, Jivewires, etc. He can play it all.... jazz, pop, country, rock.
                          The old Turkish Zildjians were pretty spectacular! Sadly, no longer available new as best as I can tell.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                          X