Woodward, Telegraph, Gratiot & "the Ditch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Woodward, Telegraph, Gratiot & "the Ditch"

I'm heading north on Telegraph in my T/A and stop at the light at Joy Road. A bright yellow Gremlin pulls up next to me. He obviously wants to race.

The light changes and we both hammer it. He jumps out a little, maybe half a car. We go thru the gears and I roll by. I was definately out in front, so he lets off.

We pull into a gas station, he gets out as says"What do you have in that thing." So I say "Me, you have a Gremlin!" Turned out he had a good running 390.

I never took an AMC for granted again
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Re: Woodward, Telegraph, Gratiot & "the Ditch"

Originally posted by Harms Way
      Originally posted by Mike The Photo Guy
      It was Bentley High School in 1974. That name sounds familiar. But the guy I bought the car from lived in Livonia. He got his girlfriend pregnant. i bought the car for $1700. Did you work at the Plymouth road store?
      Mike TPG
      If it's the same car, Keith would have sold it in like 1972 or early 73, when He lost his license the second time he decided he couldn't afford to keep the car anymore.
      And yes I worked at the Plymouth road store,.... It was a busy place, lots of "Names" use to stroll in from time to time, but they were just Hot Rodders to us,
      Don Carlton, Wayne Gapp & Jack Roush, Bob Kaiser, Chuck Miller, Frank Mack, Larry Shinoda, John and George DeLorian , ( thats just the short list)...... and yes even Linda Vaughn,..... we pumped a ton of speed equipment out of that store to Hot Rodders,..... This was a very exciting time I don't think can ever be totally recaptured,... simply put "the Good Ol' Days !"
      Half those guys are still hanging out at Milan Dragway. Jack is out there all the time. I see Chuck Miller there also. Do you remember George Delorian's race track in Troy? They had formula 500 cars with govs
      Mike TPG

Comment

Working...
      X