Marvin Hagler dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvin Hagler dead

World boxing champ Marvin Hagler has passed away at the age of 66.
    Last edited by studemax; March 13, 2021, 06:35 PM.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Too bad when anyone dies at that age. I wonder if years of being pounded upon took its toll. Peace to those who loved him.

Dan

Comment

If you know anything about Marvin - you'd know he was the one doing the pounding.

Comment

I know he was very successful but my understanding is that in boxing you take some and give back more - in his case, much more. Even the best get hit a lot.

Dan

Comment

This is sad news. Hagler vs. Leonard (1 AND 2) were the best professional fights I've ever seen. Strength, dexterity and talent vs. raw power.
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Leonard wanted a 3rd fight, but since Hagler felt like he was cheated out of a win in the 2nd he refused.

Comment

that era was the best in the fight game in my opinion -- throw Hearns in there too - Battle Royales.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

marvelous marvin

I liked his weight category.. my uncle actually thought I was going to be a boxer.
                we used to watch fights all the time, ever since I was a baby.

not sure how he analyzed me as a kid..
                but I ended up 5 ft 8 3/4 with a 74.5 inch reach...no ape arms, built in thirds.
                I was spotted at age 20 in a gym by a trainer.. again, someone telling me "dude you are shaped like a boxer"

anyway, rest in peace. 66 with some hits in a violent sport. I remember my childhood memories..he is one of the boxers.(I am 48 today)
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 18, 2021, 12:47 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Funny story - my Dad loves boxing, has since I was a kid. He recorded all fights on his VCR when he was at work, then watched them on the weekends. Dad used to babysit the grandkids now and then, and one night my sister-in-law (a snowflake) picked up the kids just before bedtime. On the way home she asks "What did you do with Grandpa?". The oldest blurted out, "We watched men fighting!". (REEEEeeeeeee) Dad didn't get to babysit for a long time.

Keep in mind, all those kids are grown up now with children of their own - and they all turned out fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X