The Futurliner was on display in OKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Futurliner was on display in OKC

Some members of the Studebaker Drivers Club went to see the GM Futurliner...
    Great pix of an awesome vehicle.

GM Futurliner Number 10 - SILVERPLATE1945 (smugmug.com)
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Wonderful! Is this the one Dave Kendig & crew restored?

Dan

Comment

I didn't go, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Wonderful! Is this the one Dave Kendig & crew restored?

Dan
        No, as I recall they had a jet engine in the main display bay of the one they did.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

No, as I recall they had a jet engine in the main display bay of the one they did.
          That rings a bell - pretty sure you're right. There were the remains of one at a Cadillac dealership on the west side of Detroit many years ago. I always meant to stop by and see if I could look around but somehow never had time. I hope someone saved it.

Dan

Comment

I've been rewatching the Kindig shows and can confirm the jet engine display in it .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Now wouldn't one of those make a killer RV? The driver's seat being up high and centered seems like a good idea for one anyway... But it needs a 6-71!

Comment

So another thought after a second look at these beauties: remember the days of the art deco buses? Wouldn't it be wild to have a "Flying Bridge" on one of those for the driver? Then the interior could be all camper or portable workshop or whatever... But it still needs a 6-71 for power!

Comment

an art deco masterpiece.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    an art deco masterpiece.
                    Very well put Joe.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
                      So another thought after a second look at these beauties: remember the days of the art deco buses? Wouldn't it be wild to have a "Flying Bridge" on one of those for the driver? Then the interior could be all camper or portable workshop or whatever... But it still needs a 6-71 for power!
                      A Detroit Diesel "Inline 6-71".......
                      ALL SMOKE ......NO POWER.
                      Back in My Super Truck Days, if you didn't have a Fifteen Speed Tranny you weren't going to get anywhere with one of these.
                      And I was Selling "Jake Brakes for Detroit Diesels" it was a Loudspeaker you would put under the hood, and call out.....
                      "A Hill Is Coming" !!

Comment

It's my understanding one of them is powered by a Pontiac V8.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post

A Detroit Diesel "Inline 6-71".......
                          ALL SMOKE ......NO POWER.
                          Back in My Super Truck Days, if you didn't have a Fifteen Speed Tranny you weren't going to get anywhere with one of these.
                          And I was Selling "Jake Brakes for Detroit Diesels" it was a Loudspeaker you would put under the hood, and call out.....
                          "A Hill Is Coming" !!
                          The original rolling coal? Or was it the Macks?

Comment

Mack could be Made to Roll Coal by disconnecting the "Adenoid Valve". You could smoke up a Toll Booth Big Time !!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X