I thought I'd find out here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought I'd find out here...

But no, I found this on Youtube, good but bad!

Last edited by 65RHDEER; March 24, 2021, 10:53 PM.
    Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

I saw that earlier, I suspect Chad will have a full run down on this later...
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

At 26:40....158 pounds of fuel rail pressure. I'm not a mechanic so that for me is mind boggling.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

WOW never seen a fuel tank split at the weld
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          I saw that earlier, I suspect Chad will have a full run down on this later...
          A "full blown explose" ? (ahem.)
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
            WOW never seen a fuel tank split at the weld
            Hey Dave when I was over there last we were watching the Pro Mods and others testing/racing in Miami they had one split that night. It split and he rolled through the fire and got fuel on the slicks. That's the first one I'd ever seen split.
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

This is why every driver need to practice bailouts. In LSR speed of the bailout is NOT an issue (in spite of the folklore) but we do want to see a thought-out, deliberate process. In the event of fire those seconds matter.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

A "full blown explose" ? (ahem.)
                with explosive revelations

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  This is why every driver need to practice bailouts. In LSR speed of the bailout is NOT an issue (in spite of the folklore) but we do want to see a thought-out, deliberate process. In the event of fire those seconds matter.

Dan
                  a good example of why you want a 5 second (or longer) firesuit

Comment

hmmmm.....I dunno wazup with it not being posted on BS yet, I sent McT the link Tues mid afternoon?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

a good example of why you want a 5 second (or longer) firesuit
                      Speaking of 5 seconds, I think I read you said that the Optima folks expect you to be able to do an egress in 5 seconds? Well, that got my idle curiosity going. As Dan pointed out they don't make you prove that at the land speed events I've run. And at track days on road courses for amateurs they don't get into that either. But I was curious so I decided to try it while I was practicing getting strapped in with the HANS device and the helmet on. Getting in takes me a little over 3 minutes after some practice.

5 seconds out, that's hard. I was in the garage so I couldn't sling Red's door open all the way without whamming into Bluebelle so that was a limiting factor. My 5 point harness is not one of those sunflower looking round hitch-ups, it's one of those that you slide all the parts onto the tongue and then latch it. When you release the latch it doesn't exactly explode into loose belts, so that's some time, The protruding sides on the racing shaped seat is the obstacle between you and the outside. One time I think I had one foot on the ground outside the car within 5 seconds but I had lots more grunting and and twisting to do to get standing up. 5 seconds is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kay_B

I watched the Mythbusters program. There they made a release where they tested common special effects from films. In fact, it is quite difficult to blow up a gas tank, no ignition occurs from the hit of bullets. Combustion also occurs with difficulty, because there is little oxygen in the tank, and combustion without oxygen is impossible.
                        But race cars have fuel leaks, and catch fire, and it's one of the biggest dangers in motorsports.

Of course films are fake...they're entertainment.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

Of course films are fake...they're entertainment.
                          Wait until they find out that when a car runs off of the street and wrecks over a fire hydrant it doesn't actually cause water to shoot 50 feet up into the air. Did y'all see that news dash cam video of the stolen Charger sliding sideways on the interstate before it hit a garbage truck? I made the comment on the news story, if that had been Hollywood the Charger would have exploded as soon as it got sideways. That got three likes and two thumbs down.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Speaking of 5 seconds, I think I read you said that the Optima folks expect you to be able to do an egress in 5 seconds? Well, that got my idle curiosity going. As Dan pointed out they don't make you prove that at the land speed events I've run. And at track days on road courses for amateurs they don't get into that either. But I was curious so I decided to try it while I was practicing getting strapped in with the HANS device and the helmet on. Getting in takes me a little over 3 minutes after some practice.

5 seconds out, that's hard. I was in the garage so I couldn't sling Red's door open all the way without whamming into Bluebelle so that was a limiting factor. My 5 point harness is not one of those sunflower looking round hitch-ups, it's one of those that you slide all the parts onto the tongue and then latch it. When you release the latch it doesn't exactly explode into loose belts, so that's some time, The protruding sides on the racing shaped seat is the obstacle between you and the outside. One time I think I had one foot on the ground outside the car within 5 seconds but I had lots more grunting and and twisting to do to get standing up. 5 seconds is hard.
                            12 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle

So is this Kay account. The bots are all grown up now and almost make conversations. Tell ya what, I'll delete all of these accusations if I can get an answer to this:
                              i

Why is i the square root of negative one?
                              Here, the term "imaginary" is used because there is no real number having a negative square. There are two complex square roots of −1, namely i and −i, just as there are two complex square roots of every real number other than zero (which has one double square root).
                              Last edited by silver_bullet; March 26, 2021, 11:07 AM.
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X