No announcement yet.

Best Diesel for no electricity???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing better than a Genie in a bottle !!
    But it's like "Trained Snakes" !!!
    And you DON'T HAVE A ON/off Button....

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
      Nothing better than a Genie in a bottle !!
      But it's like "Trained Snakes" !!!
      And you DON'T HAVE A ON/off Button....
      I'm thinking its actually a dial that goes to 11.

Comment

redhead girl = always on 11

starting what looks like a good size diesel...

but I kind of like this one.. guy starts a 737 turbine with a craftsman socket wrench! (yeah, I know, but this is dream world after all.)

Last edited by Beagle; April 8, 2021, 07:12 AM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

man leans against engine while someone pushes the start button. smh
          all I saw was union wages being spent.
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 8, 2021, 07:56 AM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Lock Out, Tag Out !!!!!!
            And ALL Power Sources or Relays Too !!
            Some Chuckle Head will see too your demise with the simple Push Of A Button ......

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
              Lock Out, Tag Out !!!!!!
              And ALL Power Sources or Relays Too !!
              Some Chuckle Head will see too your demise with the simple Push Of A Button ......
              ever told you about the time I used a 12" Craftsman screwdriver/circuit tester to find a 408v circuit? electrician swore it was locked out... sadly, even he was flummuxed by someone putting the breakers in a nearby building... Craftsman replaced the circuit tester because, well, lifetime warranty.

Comment

maybe one of these ? Should be easy enough to park. Park it on whatever you want!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  maybe one of these ? Should be easy enough to park. Park it on whatever you want!
                  Seeing that reminds me of why Leland made electric starters standard on Cadillacs

Back to the topic at hand, if electricity doesn't work - why would you need a diesel-electric generator? I get that first start is always the hardest, but once you get one motor generating electricity, much of everything else will start working. That said, if the poles shift and somehow ends how electricity and magnetism works... well, then we'd be dead too because life is a bio-electric event.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Seeing that reminds me of why Leland made electric starters standard on Cadillacs

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/201...started-it-all

Back to the topic at hand, if electricity doesn't work - why would you need a diesel-electric generator? I get that first start is always the hardest, but once you get one motor generating electricity, much of everything else will start working. That said, if the poles shift and somehow ends how electricity and magnetism works... well, then we'd be dead too because life is a bio-electric event.
                    suspension of disbelief... you're in a movie. Something is disrupting magnetism and is strong enough to prevent normal circuit operation, not so strong that it's going to rip electrons out of orbit. Either that, or the you in a parallel universe is holding yourself together. There's no such thing as gravity, the earth sucks.

Personally, I'm hoping it's Snively Whiplash with an electro-boom phase dangling particle conjugator and it can be defeated, because if I can't play "Ramble On" like every other good dystopian movie, I'm outta heeeeere. Lmao. Every good story has a conflict, and the conflict has to be resolved to finish the story. Even if it's not the one you want.

I vote Scarlett Johanssen in red head trim. She kills everything.
                    Last edited by Beagle; April 8, 2021, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I vote Scarlett Johanssen in red head trim. She kills everything.
                      I never saw her as a diesel-kind-of-girl, but do enjoy seeing her.

I think Road Warrior but in NY city...

Comment

I never saw her as a diesel-kind-of-girl, but do enjoy seeing her.

I think Road Warrior but in NY city...
                        No complaints here about Charlize Theron, but since she didn't have hair .... Fine. Red head Red Sparrow version Jennifer Lawrence in a Road Runner with a 6BT?

Last edited by Beagle; April 8, 2021, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Those are Manly men, as Dan would say...

So we got the way to start diesels, and we're all in agreement that the disruption of the laws of physics only extends to electricity, not electro-chemical entities (everything alive). We have the characters coming into focus. And our preferences for who will act. Now let's sell it to Hollywood and get rich!

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

Those are Manly men, as Dan would say...

So we got the way to start diesels, and we're all in agreement that the disruption of the laws of physics only extends to electricity, not electro-chemical entities (everything alive). We have the characters coming into focus. And our preferences for who will act. Now let's sell it to Hollywood and get rich!
                            If you go to Hollywood, there's no pollution control available that will clean that stench off....

Comment

If you go to Hollywood, there's no pollution control available that will clean that stench off....
                              I'm just gonna stay in the affected 'verse for a while. After all the cell phones and electric cars puke, maybe they will fill the lunatic bins and leave a beautiful State to us. Or at least move to Denver and Seattle.

Comment

And seeing as how we already know how to get power, after this impossible scenario, we will be KINGS!

Comment

Working...
                                X