No announcement yet.

Real Car Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real conversation with a Hooters girl ..

HG: I got a new car, I got a new car!!!
    US: Cool, what kind?
    HG: A RED ONE!!

Beer right out the nose. Not kidding.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Well, sometimes is is hard to remember what you are driving.
      So, I need a P/S pump for an 83 Town Car, an alternator for a 96 Mustang and a starter for a 85 F150 - all for the same car!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

If I get a needless question for the part I'm seeking... for example, I looked up the part before I came in, verified their stock, then brought the part number. FF (fry flipper) will say 'what year, make and model" to which I reply "it's black, now go get the part, thanks"
        The only problem I have with customers like this is our website will throw in “suggested parts” after the ones that fit the application you looked up. Usually those parts are similar types of parts to what you looked up, but not for your car. Drives me freakin crazy. If I’m not familiar with you I’ll usually try and double check just to make sure you don’t come back pissed off at me (it’s amazing how often that happens, someone gives me a part number, I sell it to them, then they come back later yelling that I sold them the wrong part). If I know you and your skill/knowledge level, no problem. I’ll pull it up and grab it for you.

Our warranty registration system works off of phone number first, then vehicle, then part. I can register the warranty without a specific car but it takes longer to find it later on if there are issues. Doesn’t matter if that’s the part the computer says is supposed to go on there or not, it will still register. As long as you remember the phone number it was put under, it will be there as long as the warranty is active. I still have parts under my number from 1993, I trip people out by pulling it up to show them. When I say lifetime warranty, I mean lifetime warranty. You give me the right phone number and I’ll find it.

I'm probably wrong

Comment

The one small part that gets damaged while replacing something else will be completely out of stock everywhere and on back order for months.

I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
            The one small part that gets damaged while replacing something else will be completely out of stock everywhere and on back order for months.
            stop spying on me... last night it was a spark plug wire connector.... I have skads of 90* ones, but straight? oh no, that's coming from Mars.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
              Well, sometimes is is hard to remember what you are driving.
              So, I need a P/S pump for an 83 Town Car, an alternator for a 96 Mustang and a starter for a 85 F150 - all for the same car!
              This is where a quick Drive to parts house, can turn into 45 mins. to an HOUR lost !!! LOL
              To Cut these shorter, I Just show them a Pix of The Retro Rat Rod, say, I built It, and I would like to Drive it Again SOON,
              Can We get These Parts ? Today ?

Comment

The size of the inevitable oil slick is proportional to the newness/cleanliness of the concrete it falls on. The newer/cleaner the bigger and nastier the slick. And the resulting Oil Dry WILL track into the house.

Dan
                Last edited by DanStokes; April 14, 2021, 08:47 AM.

Comment

I gotta do a rear wheel bearing on Keni’s Subaru. That thing does NOT want to come off and I’m probably going to have to carefully beat the piss out of it with a sledgehammer. The backing plate is apparently made out of unobtanium and impossible for mere mortals to get. If I crumple that I’m screwed.

stop spying on me... last night it was a spark plug wire connector.... I have skads of 90* ones, but straight? oh no, that's coming from Mars.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

If you lose a part, the only way to ever find it is to spend at least 3 hours searching for it, then break down in discust and buy the replacement. The original part will immediately reveal itself.

Comment

if there are 2 ways of doing something, you'll invariably do it the wrong way first.

Comment

Your bottle of MIG will run out 10 minutes before the depot shuts but you live 20 minutes away.
                        Tim
                        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

if there are 2 ways of doing something, you'll invariably do it the wrong way first...
                          ...and a minimum of three more parts must be installed on top of that one before you discover the error.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

In a garage cluttered with benign objects, the wrench you get mad and throw will invariably strike something your wife will immediately notice.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                              In a garage cluttered with benign objects, the wrench you get mad and throw will invariably strike something your wife will immediately notice.
                              I've learned to walk out of the shop before the wrench tossing starts. Over MANY years of doing this stuff I finally got it thru my thick skull that it's never worth the hassle. I go in the house and watch a bit of TV or whatever and the solution becomes simple and easy. So don't be afraid to take a break. However, this learning took decades.......

Dan

Comment

No matter how clean the shop, you will trip on the one cord laying across it.

Comment

Working...
                                X