How to lose a customer in one email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to lose a customer in one email

They would be happy to.... so now I have to ask to get my money back from their failed guarantee.

I have a better idea. How about I put Speedway Motors on blast and report the tax issue to the Department of Revenue.

I do appreciate, however, their clear desire that I never buy from them again.

backstory. Speedway now has a 'delivery guarantee' if you pay extra (I paid 13.14 for this aggravation) - they promised to deliver the package on Easter Sunday (which itself was a "huh?") but then sent it FedEx ground.... who never delivers on Sunday.

Haley Zitek (Speedway Motors)

Apr 7, 2021, 10:21 AM CDT

Hello,

I received your message stating that you did not receive your package on the guaranteed shipping date you were provided. I apologize for the delay; we would be happy to reimburse you for that shipping cost due to the late arrival.
    Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with!

Thanks,

aaron c

Apr 5, 2021, 1:14 PM CDT

You overcharge the taxes, you don't deliver on the day promised. What are you going to do to fix this.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I suppose I should have seen it coming. Speedway was always the poor inbred who lived with their sister/wife down by the river in the abandoned trailer. One should not expect more then they are capable of....

Comment

I've done well with them but, as always, your experience may (and did) differ.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        I've done well with them but, as always, your experience may (and did) differ.

Dan
        relying on them was my mistake.... I take full responsibility for that.... after all, they take nothing but money.

Comment

You will not have to go far here in Lincoln to find someone with a story about them. The most common is how the owner used to tell the local boys, to wit; We don't really need you local guys anyway. We make all of our money thru our catalogs selling all over the country. They literally lost their mind over the pandemic here last spring & summer. I needed to return a pair of broken taillights for my latest project & they made me ship them back to them. I said "But I live on the other side of town. Can I just leave them in front of your door?" No. Should have seen the look on the UPS guys face when I dropped them off. Then they had to sit in their "quarantine" area for two weeks before they would even touch the box. Just another reason why most of my purchases are with more specialized sellers.
          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
            You will not have to go far here in Lincoln to find someone with a story about them. The most common is how the owner used to tell the local boys, to wit; We don't really need you local guys anyway. We make all of our money thru our catalogs selling all over the country. They literally lost their mind over the pandemic here last spring & summer. I needed to return a pair of broken taillights for my latest project & they made me ship them back to them. I said "But I live on the other side of town. Can I just leave them in front of your door?" No. Should have seen the look on the UPS guys face when I dropped them off. Then they had to sit in their "quarantine" area for two weeks before they would even touch the box. Just another reason why most of my purchases are with more specialized sellers.
            I cheer for the little guy, and use them whenever possible but there are times when the dust bin is looking a bit empty.

Comment

To throw out kudos to a company that DOES answer their tech line: Crutchfield is excellent. I'm putting a new radio in Truck and they're available and happily hold my hand even if I call them repeatedly on the same day (which I've done). Not only that, the info they provide is correct. This is the second radio from them that I've installed recently and both experiences have been great. Prices are decent, too.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                To throw out kudos to a company that DOES answer their tech line: Crutchfield is excellent. I'm putting a new radio in Truck and they're available and happily hold my hand even if I call them repeatedly on the same day (which I've done). Not only that, the info they provide is correct. This is the second radio from them that I've installed recently and both experiences have been great. Prices are decent, too.

Dan
                Despite McSquatch going to the enemy... err.. Holley... I'll continue to use FiTech because of their customer service.

And let's be clear, if there was something speedway only had or was giving something away - I'd buy from them. But at this point, they're like RockAuto, great for price shopping people I actually buy from.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Despite McSquatch going to the enemy... err.. Holley... I'll continue to use FiTech because of their customer service.

And let's be clear, if there was something speedway only had or was giving something away - I'd buy from them. But at this point, they're like RockAuto, great for price shopping people I actually buy from.
                  And they most generally lose that price comparison buy. What I have been doing for a while now is using (gasp!!!) ebay. If I have a particular brand part that I want I use their "Advanced" search option & enter that brand & part description or their part # & then drop down the page to the "Sort by" option at the bottom of the "Advanced" page & check the "Price + Shipping: lowest first" option. That search will give me the listed items with the lowest cost, including shipping, to my front door. What actually got me doing that was wanting to buy from some companies that did not sell direct & encouraged utilizing one of their suppliers. I discovered that they all have suppliers that are internet (and ebay) exclusive & most of those bigger suppliers that I was already familiar with, had ebay sellers that were part of their system & sold cheaper than they do thru their online or paper catalog. Some you can tell that by their location & some do it from right in their own location. For example, Summit, Jegs & yes, even Spedway. That would be the local pronunciation by the way.
                  ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post

And they most generally lose that price comparison buy. What I have been doing for a while now is using (gasp!!!) ebay. If I have a particular brand part that I want I use their "Advanced" search option & enter that brand & part description or their part # & then drop down the page to the "Sort by" option at the bottom of the "Advanced" page & check the "Price + Shipping: lowest first" option. That search will give me the listed items with the lowest cost, including shipping, to my front door. What actually got me doing that was wanting to buy from some companies that did not sell direct & encouraged utilizing one of their suppliers. I discovered that they all have suppliers that are internet (and ebay) exclusive & most of those bigger suppliers that I was already familiar with, had ebay sellers that were part of their system & sold cheaper than they do thru their online or paper catalog. Some you can tell that by their location & some do it from right in their own location. For example, Summit, Jegs & yes, even Spedway. That would be the local pronunciation by the way.
                    It's funny how true that is. There is a well-known Corvette supplier (Willcox) who sells on ebay - sometimes it's cheaper on ebay, sometimes not.... but you do have to shop the same seller in both forums to get the best price. Of course, if you buy from Corvette Mods, you're just an idiot and there's no helping you.

Comment

I seem to like midwest best for vette parts . Is there a better option ?
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                        I seem to like midwest best for vette parts . Is there a better option ?
                        anyone but CorvetteMods. Outside of them, they all have their good days and bad days.I use Pacific Corvette because they're in California - thus 2 days instead of a week shipping

Comment

Fortunately I'm not needing any parts that have anything to do with it rolling down the road . But after the year and a fall rest the seat motors that were about dead are . Same with the door locks . And the seats need reskinned . And since I'm going to do that the carpet is going to get changed to black .As well as the seats and door panels . I never really cared for the light grey .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                          X