Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Went back to work yesterday on light duty. It was a 10 he day . Got home ate supper and fell asleep around 8PM. Got up today at 5 to get a 8 hr day in today . Feeling well rested and a little more flexible. 67 Malibu, maybe yours still won't be too bad and maybe not have to have as big of entry wounds .

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    For sure ....

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    I'll hold off on the jokes - but (the verbal eraser, but) -- you're in trouble if he says "take off your pants and throw them over there by mine."

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Interview with the surgeon tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Supervise them Johnson Boys too- - keep 'em outta trouble.

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

Just a note here -- my surgeon told me if I had not waited so long he could have gone in arthroscopically (small holes, less internal muscle damage) rather than surgically with a scalpel (more muscle damage, rehab time) - so think small engine repair vs. full rebuild.
    Well........hell, Phil. I guess that I better have Laura call the doc in the morning. At least get an appointment with the surgeon to see what he says. If he says that would be best then I guess that I will just be supervising the boys on the new garage build.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
    Terrific!!!! I found out a couple of months ago that I have one on each side. Didn't even know as they hadn't bothered me. A routine physical exposed them. Cough, cough. I'm trying to hold off on the surgery until we finish this new garage.
    Just a note here -- my surgeon told me if I had not waited so long he could have gone in arthroscopically (small holes, less internal muscle damage) rather than surgically with a scalpel (more muscle damage, rehab time) - so think small engine repair vs. full rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    As Dan Stokes mentioned, there must be different kinds . If had some under my naval with no problems for 10 years .

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

I think that mine was an overdue Medicare physical. I think Dan was talking about mesh in his earlier posts. I didn't know that was regularly used anymore. We see TV ads from the ambulance chasers wanting to go after doctors for problems with mesh used in surgeries.
    They've changed the formula evidently and it was only the one brand that was ever an issue. They used it in my repair w/o issue (so far, knock on wood) and the doc said it was the only way to assure the repair would hold up over time.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain View Post

I have a DOT physical every 2 years.
    Basically its......
    Turn Your Head.....cough up $125.00
    I think that mine was an overdue Medicare physical. I think Dan was talking about mesh in his earlier posts. I didn't know that was regularly used anymore. We see TV ads from the ambulance chasers wanting to go after doctors for problems with mesh used in surgeries.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Terrific!!!! I found out a couple of months ago that I have one on each side. Didn't even know as they hadn't bothered me. A routine physical exposed them. Cough, cough. I'm trying to hold off on the surgery until we finish this new garage.
    I have a DOT physical every 2 years.
    Basically its......
    Turn Your Head.....cough up $125.00

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Doing better drove 500 miles to Branson , Missouri today .

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Sorry you're dealing with this. Get better soon!

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; May 7, 2021, 02:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    While I didn't find one there , I did find a really nice one for $50 at the local gun store . And while I really would rather them have my money , I'm not sure I'd rather them have 5 times the money . Still licking my wounds from today's holster purchase, I was in a bit of a hurry to get one since we'll be staying in some hotels in the near future . Seems to be the easiest way to get the gun inside with the least attention. And still be able to get it if accosted in the parking lot when it's dark , I'm tired, and still healing .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X