Hernia surgery's: thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hernia surgery's: thoughts

To anyone I my have ever offended when I acted like a hernia operation was a piece of cake , ........ let me say , I'm sorry . The navel hernia I had over 10 years ago and had that mess stuffed in , yeah I went back to work the next monday after having it done on a Friday. Lateral hernias are not like that . And I had one on each side done . It's been a week now and it's just getting to where it doesn't feel like trying to walk with a testicle nailed down to something immovable. And the hemroids decided they wanted to let me know they wanted to be just as big a pain as the hernia repair . I'm just to practical I had the left one fixed even though I couldn't even tell I had it . Lateral hernias are no time to be practical , just get one fixed at a time . Have one side that you can rely on . And the scrotum swelling to the size of an orange don't help walking either . I hope it gets better but at this point that mesh they put in feels like a triangle piece of curigated aluminum stuffed in there . And the pain killers ......Hydrocodone just really doesn't do much except make you constipated which makes you have to chase that with something else . WORDS TO THE WISE , ONE AT A TIME !
    I'm having a pretty good day today so don't feel sorry for me . I'm getting pretty stir crazy not going anywhere for a week . There's no way I could get out of the vette if I got it it and that clutch pedal may be a problem, but if I can figure out how to get a little two step ladder in the right place and maybe have a rope on it that I could pull it up inside.......I might have to go for a drive . Now I just need to figure out how to get some loose shorts on over these jockey shorts . You know , just in case I get pulled over .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

one thing hydrocodone does do is cause all sorts of posts on the internet that, upon sober reflection, probably weren't such a good idea.

testicle nailed to the floor... graphic...

and thanks for letting us know that your anus is on fire too....

me, being the caring individual I am, so how is marital relations with the wife-unit? everything okay there?

lordy.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 30, 2021, 06:32 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

For me, Vicodin is pretty worthless for actual pain control and the doctors seem all scared to death to hand out oxycontin prescriptions, understandably. I would be as afraid to start taking it regularly. If you haven't already tried CBD oil or topical, it may be worth a shot. I was surprised with the topical stuff, it actually seems to work for me for things like chronic lower back pain from a munged L4 vertebrae and occasional pulled muscles. My tylenol usage went down by half or more (like 2 instead of 4-8 daily) since taking the water soluble stuff daily.

Here's to a speedy recovery, hope you can find some relief.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Yesterday was a break through day . With the help of a 5 gallon bucket I managed to get up in the suburban. I went for about a 20 mile drive on the county roads just east of Indy in the next county . That did me good . Flexibility went up and pain went down . Getting off my butt helped that end of the problem as well . Went to the oldest grandchild birthday party as well . Had to give all the generally in worst shape grands and great grands about leaving me the farthest away parking spot . Probably see if I can cut grass today . If the wife leaves . Marital relations ....... She's taking good care of me but if your talking about twister in bed , last thing I want to do right now .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
          Yesterday was a break through day . With the help of a 5 gallon bucket I managed to get up in the suburban. I went for about a 20 mile drive on the county roads just east of Indy in the next county . That did me good . Flexibility went up and pain went down . Getting off my butt helped that end of the problem as well . Went to the oldest grandchild birthday party as well . Had to give all the generally in worst shape grands and great grands about leaving me the farthest away parking spot . Probably see if I can cut grass today . If the wife leaves . Marital relations ....... She's taking good care of me but if your talking about twister in bed , last thing I want to do right now .
          just fyi, it's adhesions that cause the most pain, thus moving around really helps. Adhesions are what happens when the white blood cells coagulate to fix a wound. Just like they stick to bandaids, they stick to your skin - thus when you move it's like tearing the scab off a wound... so staying active really should stop the pain...

Comment

Mowed most of the grass today with a self propelled mower . May have over done it a bit but at least I didn't way under do it . We'll see how I feel tomorrow .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Mowed most of the grass today with a self propelled mower . May have over done it a bit but at least I didn't way under do it . We'll see how I feel tomorrow .
              moving is better then not. The two biggest issues is causing more tears because the mesh isn't attached enough (yep, that hurts. a lot), and getting an infection at the wound site.

I know more then a little about this because I was literally born with a hernia - life ain't perfect, but it could be so much worse... fact may be needing another round this year.... *shrug*

Comment

I hope you don't. All mine were technically elective although the naval one probably would have become an urgent matter. I'm planning on no ever stressing my abdomen to the point even getting near to possibly causing another one .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I feel (previously) your pain - I hope I never need any done again - I had two tears on each side fixed, black balls and the worst constipation of my life, and the "pain" pills were worthless. Advil/Tylenol alternating every 6 hours got me through it. Six weeks later I said to myself I think I am back to normal. Six weeks after that something didn't feel quite so normal but I will live with it and try to be careful. Except yesterday when the wife insisted we buy the 6 foot tall tree (instead of the nice little 3 footer) and drag it to the back of the house, up a hill, dig a hole, and such. Yes, now we don't have to see those pesky looking telephone, cable, and electrical boxes. Geez, the crap that bothers them that are not what I consider priorities but soon become one for peace and quiet's sake. New aches and pains are introduced to help you forget older aches and pains with age.
                  Last edited by 70chevyC-10; May 3, 2021, 05:05 AM.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                    I feel (previously) your pain - I hope I never need any done again - I had two tears on each side fixed, black balls and the worst constipation of my life, and the "pain" pills were worthless. Advil/Tylenol alternating every 6 hours got me through it. Six weeks later I said to myself I think I am back to normal. Six weeks after that something didn't feel quite so normal but I will live with it and try to be careful. Except yesterday when the wife insisted we buy the 6 foot tall tree (instead of the nice little 3 footer) and drag it to the back of the house, up a hill, dig a hole, and such. Yes, now we don't have to see those pesky looking telephone, cable, and electrical boxes. Geez, the crap that bothers them that are not what I consider priorities but soon become one for peace and quiet's sake. New aches and pains are introduced to help you forget older aches and pains with age.
                    I'm calling BS on that one (but in a humorous way), when I was younger, it was 'walk it off' and 'you're young, you'll heal quick.' Yeah, NO. What happens when you're young is the pain you feel today. I'm walking down the street and all of a sudden my heel just starts killing me. No bruising, no dislocation, nope... when I was 18, I worked quite hard at being able to stuff a basketball.... spent hours, eventually got there, but one of the attempts I had the speed but not the altitude and slammed into the brick wall (conveniently located next to the pads) heel hit first. I limped for a couple weeks but "just walk it off, you're young, you'll heal".... no, I'll start gimping at 50. Liars, all old men are liars! Whatever doesn't hurt then will hurt twice as bad when you get older. Had I known this, I'd have done nothing different except start calling the old guy's BS sooner

Comment

Get better !!!
                      Yep Moving around helps any post surgery .
                      My Dad had two hernia repairs. I tied a rope looped to a Plastic Milk Crate
                      to help with the first step into the pickup. then he could pull the milk crate into the pickup.

Comment

I’m gonna echo Beagle on CBD for pain. I used 4 different topicals and really help. Scar on my knee is almost invisible while on my hip it is angry. Did not use it on the hip like I did for the knee.
                        I did the milk crate too, hurt myself getting in, waiting for pain to be bearable the door shut.. drove off. Yep. Bang. Crate was no more

Comment

Glad to SEE You're Back on BS

Comment

Always check BS out daily.

After both hip and knee surgeries, they had me up and walking hours after surgeries.. Noon surgeries, walked by evening.
                            I would imagine they do that for all surgeries nowadays. First hip replacement 20 yrs ago was a 5 day hospital stay. Now? One night.

Comment

It's been a week now and it's just getting to where it doesn't feel like trying to walk with a testicle nailed down to something immovable... And the hemorrhoids decided they wanted to let me know they wanted to be just as big a pain as the hernia repair... And the scrotum swelling to the size of an orange don't help walking either. And the pain killers.....Hydrocodone just really doesn't do much except make you constipated which makes you have to chase that with something else.
                              Sounds like quotes from "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs"

And ignore Aaron.., you're allow to tell us how it is because ass and ball pain suck..

Comment

Working...
                              X