No announcement yet.

Hernia surgery's: thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

​ A few days ago my bendability at the waist had improved enough that once Paula left for work, I shuffled out to the vette , I figured I'd see if I could get in it . To my surprise, with a little pain , I could now get in it easier than the truck . And the seat was so much more comfortable. Went to Walmart looking for a concealable hip holster for the glock 30 ( 45 acp )I recently go a permit to carry . A friend told me they had a great one for $10 .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210503_145847_copy_3024x2268.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	960.4 KB
ID:	1293407
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

While I didn't find one there , I did find a really nice one for $50 at the local gun store . And while I really would rather them have my money , I'm not sure I'd rather them have 5 times the money . Still licking my wounds from today's holster purchase, I was in a bit of a hurry to get one since we'll be staying in some hotels in the near future . Seems to be the easiest way to get the gun inside with the least attention. And still be able to get it if accosted in the parking lot when it's dark , I'm tired, and still healing .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Sorry you're dealing with this. Get better soon!

Dan
          Last edited by DanStokes; May 7, 2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Doing better drove 500 miles to Branson , Missouri today .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Terrific!!!! I found out a couple of months ago that I have one on each side. Didn't even know as they hadn't bothered me. A routine physical exposed them. Cough, cough. I'm trying to hold off on the surgery until we finish this new garage.
              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                Terrific!!!! I found out a couple of months ago that I have one on each side. Didn't even know as they hadn't bothered me. A routine physical exposed them. Cough, cough. I'm trying to hold off on the surgery until we finish this new garage.
                I have a DOT physical every 2 years.
                Basically its......
                Turn Your Head.....cough up $125.00

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post

I have a DOT physical every 2 years.
                  Basically its......
                  Turn Your Head.....cough up $125.00
                  I think that mine was an overdue Medicare physical. I think Dan was talking about mesh in his earlier posts. I didn't know that was regularly used anymore. We see TV ads from the ambulance chasers wanting to go after doctors for problems with mesh used in surgeries.

Comment

I think that mine was an overdue Medicare physical. I think Dan was talking about mesh in his earlier posts. I didn't know that was regularly used anymore. We see TV ads from the ambulance chasers wanting to go after doctors for problems with mesh used in surgeries.
                    They've changed the formula evidently and it was only the one brand that was ever an issue. They used it in my repair w/o issue (so far, knock on wood) and the doc said it was the only way to assure the repair would hold up over time.

Dan

Comment

As Dan Stokes mentioned, there must be different kinds . If had some under my naval with no problems for 10 years .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Just a note here -- my surgeon told me if I had not waited so long he could have gone in arthroscopically (small holes, less internal muscle damage) rather than surgically with a scalpel (more muscle damage, rehab time) - so think small engine repair vs. full rebuild.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

Just a note here -- my surgeon told me if I had not waited so long he could have gone in arthroscopically (small holes, less internal muscle damage) rather than surgically with a scalpel (more muscle damage, rehab time) - so think small engine repair vs. full rebuild.
                          Well........hell, Phil. I guess that I better have Laura call the doc in the morning. At least get an appointment with the surgeon to see what he says. If he says that would be best then I guess that I will just be supervising the boys on the new garage build.

Comment

Supervise them Johnson Boys too- - keep 'em outta trouble.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Interview with the surgeon tomorrow.

Comment

I'll hold off on the jokes - but (the verbal eraser, but) -- you're in trouble if he says "take off your pants and throw them over there by mine."
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X