X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sure ....
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Went back to work yesterday on light duty. It was a 10 he day . Got home ate supper and fell asleep around 8PM. Got up today at 5 to get a 8 hr day in today . Feeling well rested and a little more flexible. 67 Malibu, maybe yours still won't be too bad and maybe not have to have as big of entry wounds .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
        I'll hold off on the jokes - but (the verbal eraser, but) -- you're in trouble if he says "take off your pants and throw them over there by mine."
        Well I'd at least expect him to buy me a drink if we're going that way.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Supervise them Johnson Boys too- - keep 'em outta trouble.
          I was looking for an answer to the last line on SuperBuickGuys (#2) post. Didn't see any answers.

Comment

After an ass-kicking 12-hour day of installing trusses & the roof sheeting on the new garage last Saturday, I started to wonder if I might also have a navel hernia as it hurt so bad that night. But the surgeon thinks that it may be tied to a 30-year old surgery & he is sending me for a CT scan on Friday. I do not recall what he called it. Then it looks to be everything at once. But he was pretty damn hard on the boys checking everything out this morning & I'm kinda starting to dislike the guy a bit more every time that I get a shot of pain through there tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
              Went back to work yesterday on light duty. It was a 10 he day . Got home ate supper and fell asleep around 8PM. Got up today at 5 to get a 8 hr day in today . Feeling well rested and a little more flexible. 67 Malibu, maybe yours still won't be too bad and maybe not have to have as big of entry wounds .
              Dan, I did not start commenting on your thread with the intent of hijacking it. But the more that I read, with the full knowledge that I was going to have to go through it, kind of sucked me in. So my apologies on that. This surgeon is telling me that there will be 2-3" entry wounds & that if all goes well, he will cut me loose to do what I want in about 3 days. Is that what you got or did you just push forward on your own like I usually do?

Comment

I'm surprised in the intrest of the thread and glad for any public service to my friends hear or any guests . My doctor said 30 pounds after two weeks . I was barely walking any more than food and toilet runs for two weeks . But again these were the ones basically in your groin area . I'm still not doing alot on bending over and such . I did climb up inside my machine at work today which is about 3.5 feet up and bend over one station and change a cutter . Think changing a sbc starter from the topside of a lowered c10 . And I did have 2 done . I think if a person kept a salve like vaseline on the incisions to keep them flexible it would greatly help the healing and keep the area more flexible. I didn't and it felt like they had seen home plate under my skin . Now , I'm pretty sure it was my skin .I'd also wait for the season of the year that you hate the most or is the slowest work wise if possible. Because of covid I didn't use two weeks vacation last year and carried it over . So, I should still have 3 weeks left . Hope that helps . The navel hernia ( don't remember the technical term ) Ibhad 10 years ago , only took me about a week to get flexible again and about 2 weeks to normal work .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Turns out navel or belly button hernias are called umbilical .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Turned out the CT scan showed nothing so I only have the hernia on my right side & the surgeon is leaving a decision on when up to me. So, listening to what Phil & others had to say, I will probably go with as soon as I can get in. As long as it doesn't interfere with the GG Heartland Nationals or the Tri-Five Nationals.

Comment

I'd wait till winter . Like a week after Thanksgiving, 3 weeks before Christmas. 6 weeks out and I feel great . Not everything is back to normal down there but I have lifted the door of a coke machine I just had to have for garage art
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Tomorrow is hernia surgery day. Since I am also staring down the barrel of a knee replacement, I decided to get this over with & then only have the knee to deal with in the fall & winter.

Comment

ask for a Brazilian wax while they're down there - good luck buddy.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

oh

dear
                            lord...

sick bastich. I blew coffee out my nose. A little.

+1 on good luck. This old age thing happened a lot faster than I thought it was going to.
                            Last edited by Beagle; June 14, 2021, 06:17 AM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

BUT NO PICTURES!
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 14, 2021, 07:03 AM.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Best of luck y'all.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X