X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    A couple weird side effects I've had is , Mr. Johnson is frisky-er and my hemroids seem to had gone away. I think with everything they move around it fixed some circulation problems .
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Except that I do not have any problems with hemroids.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    A couple weird side effects I've had is , Mr. Johnson is frisky-er and my hemroids seem to had gone away. I think with everything they move around it fixed some circulation problems .
    Well Dan, now yer gonna have a whole bunch of guys lining up to have hernia surgery whether they need it or not.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    I probably didn't work on a car for a month . And now I really want to , I have a couple open houses for grads every Saturday from 2 weeks ago till the next two weeks . So , for awhile it'll just be thru the week a little .

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
    Had a couple of pretty rough days Thursday & Friday. I thought that I was doing pretty good & then, not so much. So I decided to compromise on my no pain meds policy & took some 400 mg Ibuprophen at bed time Friday night. Just too miserable to sleep that night. Between the hernia on the right side & a cordozone shot in the left knee Thursday afternoon, there was just no getting comfortable. I felt good enough to spend a half-day working under the '56 on Saturday & sticking a bit of house wrap on the new garage once the shade got there late Saturday afternoon. But then, the lower swelling seemed to make a late arrival & I must say, the "nads nailed to the floor" is an excellent description of the sensation. And here I thought that I was going to duck that one. One day at a time I guess.
    Too much too soon..
    give yourself a week of easy walking.
    then increase as you feel up to it.
    swelling tells you to slow the heck down.
    I pushed a push mower3 weeks after my knee replacement and suffered for it.

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Had a couple of pretty rough days Thursday & Friday. I thought that I was doing pretty good & then, not so much. So I decided to compromise on my no pain meds policy & took some 400 mg Ibuprophen at bed time Friday night. Just too miserable to sleep that night. Between the hernia on the right side & a cordozone shot in the left knee Thursday afternoon, there was just no getting comfortable. I felt good enough to spend a half-day working under the '56 on Saturday & sticking a bit of house wrap on the new garage once the shade got there late Saturday afternoon. But then, the lower swelling seemed to make a late arrival & I must say, the "nads nailed to the floor" is an excellent description of the sensation. And here I thought that I was going to duck that one. One day at a time I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
    I started wearing some boxer-briefs that are nearly identical several years ago, Phil. Just a different brand. I prefer them too. Even though they might be "compressing" a couple two-many things more than necessary at the moment though.
    For me I continued to wear the jockey shorts when going anywhere . When nor going anywhere I went commando. I didn't want any compressing going on down there . But having both sides done , the sack had swollen to the size of an orange. And while no rash from the shave job was visible, it felt like one for 3 weeks . And with the hair growing back it was so stiff that it would hurt as the underwear would flex it . Maybe some satin boxers would help .

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    You'll feel a wee bit better each day - it was 6 weeks before I realized I felt "normalish" again. And I was taking 800 mg's of Advil rotating with Tylenol every 4 hrs not 600 mgs the wife reminded me. Now that it's over I can tell you this - I had a surgery to repair a perforated bowel - hernia surgery recovery was worse.

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Dan, sleeping through it definitely helps. I have had 3 naps a day since the surgery. Sounds crazy but when it hits, it's off to the extra bedroom & lights out. Also, a small breakfast & I can not seem to get any appetite for lunch. I took my last Advil last night at bed time & thought that I would try to go as long as I could today with none. So far, so good but between the three incisions & whatever they did in my throat, it definitely slaps me around pain-wise pretty regularly. Be interesting to see if I need any pain medicine to sleep tonight. I started wearing some boxer-briefs that are nearly identical several years ago, Phil. Just a different brand. I prefer them too. Even though they might be "compressing" a couple two-many things more than necessary at the moment though.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    The prescription meds they gave me did not work. I went to alternating Advil Tylenol Advil (600 mg) every 4 hrs and that helped more. My surgeon suggested these too and I still prefer them, compression shorts. Underwear ads on Bangshift ? WTF ? https://www.roadbox.store/collection...kout-underwear

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    What helped for me most was just sleeping thru it . I can't really say the hydrocodone did any good on the pain . But it did make me sleepy .
    Last edited by Dan Barlow; June 15, 2021, 07:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Oh yeah, Dan. Very good info from all. And I just had foot surgery last October. They put quite the pain blocker on my ankle & when that wore off..........wow! This blocker has been wearing off today & guess what? The stomach is a bit more tender than your ankles & feet. Makes sense. Just didn't think of it. Doing my best to take it easy & Laura & both of the daughters are staying on my ass to.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Hopefully I painted a good enough picture you new what to expect .

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    take it easy for a few days - no need to rush -

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Ouch! I have stayed with the narcotic (hydrocodone) for today. Hoping to ease into the OTC stuff sometime tomorrow. But the pain block that they shoot you up with is supposed to wear off sometime in the morning. That could get interesting. Just finally had something to eat for the first time today. Trying to swallow actually hurt worse from whatever they put down my throat after I was out. The way that one nurse seemed to enjoy shaving me, maybe I don't want to know what it was. Wish I would have thought of the "Brazilian Wax" line, Phil. You can be that I would have used it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X