No announcement yet.

Original Vice Grip plant now reopened.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Vice Grip plant now reopened.

I do not know if this link will come through as it came to me via email from the local newspaper that we subscribe to. And they have a bad habit of blocking anyone without a subscription from their on-line feeds. Basically it is about the original Vice Grip manufacturing plant being taken over by Malco & them marketing them under the name "Eagle Grip". Being not too far away from DeWitt, it was a big local story when the remaining family decided to sell out & the new owners immediately relocating the manufacturing to China. It was also in the middle of a lot of stories of this kind of thing going on in the country. That is a pretty good looking pair of welding clamps that they show & considering how the prices of the originals have gone through the roof at swap meets, I might have to pick up a pair. I hate to buy anything through Amazon. But for the moment anyway, there is evidently no other choice.

...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Found this video on Amazon

Comment

It's good to see this. From the article:

"For the average person, these could be the last tools you'll ever need to buy"

I loaned a pair of 7WR's old enough to still say Petersen on them to a buddy recently, complete with a certified death warrant issued upon loss. They came back, unlike many pairs I have owned in the past.

I'm constantly sticker shocked these days, Covid has put a 2x on most of the things I buy... I wasn't real surprised by the cost though. I always, and I mean always from when I was a teen, got shocked in the Snap-On truck. This isn't in the same territory of surprise.
      Last edited by Beagle; May 9, 2021, 11:23 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

SO good to see this. I'll be watching for them to hit our local stores but will buy on Amazon if a need hits before ten.

Dan

Comment

I have been buying up any old, original ones reasonably priced at the swap meets. Not many of those left anymore. I may pick up a pair of these even though I hate spending money with Bezos.

Comment

Great that this is happening! Malco is just west of here. They are really going to have to ramp up, though. it says they are shipping 300-600 tools per day with 60 employees. 5 to 10 pliers per day per employee does not sound financially viable.

Comment

Back in 2009-10, I worked on the Original Keystone Line.
              Past the Town, Big Sign, Home of Vise~Grip Tools! everyday.
              it's actually a very small town, it will hide in the shade of the Vise~Grip Sign.......
              Maybe if 60+ employees, 25% of Total Population.......
              Somewhere I have a pix of the sign, but that was way back when I still
              used a "Film" Camera, I have tons of Pix not digitized !!

Comment

Working...
              X