Ample hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    I believe most of the ladies in the 'Ladies Posing With Cars' thread easily define 'ample'..........
    The question is would any of them pose with a car that makes 195 hp? that would totally define the term "desperate for clicks"
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

I just can't imagine a 16 second quarter mile to be "Ample"... then again, when I think "Ample" ... current model stock 4x4 Suburban tug boats would show you tail lights.
      My minivan runs 15.5s at 92mph:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190830_201113_01.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	451.2 KB
ID:	1293837

Comment

ample

Comment

Not sure of "ample". ME's HHR (2.4 non-turbo) is reasonably peppy and cruises down the expressway just fine. I'd have to look up the HP but given its intended use is just fine - "ample". I'd have to look up the HP. What I'm more sure of is "excessive". I still hold that 500-600 HP is all anyone can use on the street given tire and road limits. In special cases like Andy's more can be harnessed but that carries the realization that few of those horses can be put to use on a daily basis.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            Not sure of "ample". ME's HHR (2.4 non-turbo) is reasonably peppy and cruises down the expressway just fine. I'd have to look up the HP but given its intended use is just fine - "ample". I'd have to look up the HP. What I'm more sure of is "excessive". I still hold that 500-600 HP is all anyone can use on the street given tire and road limits. In special cases like Andy's more can be harnessed but that carries the realization that few of those horses can be put to use on a daily basis.

Dan
            I agree, I could build more power into my C3 but at this point the 400 at the tire is enough. That could change (probably will) as I get more experience but right now.... it reduces the number of bad words that come out of me on a race course.

For comparison as well, my Colorado pickup has 300 hp.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 11, 2021, 07:27 AM.

Comment

It would be interesting to have a datalog of the throttle position on my Chevy II, it's likely that it only gets to wide open when I'm at the drag strip....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
              X