Kitchen Light Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Light Upgrade

Unit "wants" something about once every ten years it seems. When she says she wants something you better believe I go straight out and get it. This morning clear out of the blue she said she wanted a new overhead light for the kitchen, the one we put in several years ago is just not bright enough. Cool beans, project!!!! I said whatever she wants as long as it's LED. That's the way they're going these days and I'd replaced the flourescent tubes in the garage with LED tubes and they're great.

She surfed through Tony Depot's site and found the one she wanted. I went right up the street and got it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Box.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1293792

We opened up the box and boy was I pissed off. Whoever packaged this thing didn't even put the bulbs in it. Just how sorry is THAT?!?!?

Name:	Back.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1293793

We turned the dang thing over and the other side looks just like other side without the transformers.

Name:	Front.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1293794

There's not even anywhere to PUT bulbs. Oh. It's LED. The only way we ever figured out which side was which was to attach the diffuser to it and then declare, ok this side points toward the floor, so... I finally got it in after my usual comedy of blunders and wasted effort. I didn't even get eletrocuted or burn the house down. And it's nice. Did I say bright? The photo can't show how bright.

Name:	P1010988.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1293795

Name:	P1010989.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1293796
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Good thing SOMETHING in the house is bright! (sorry - couldn't resist - and I know SU is plenty smart)

Dan

Comment

Mr. Stokes, we'll just see who has the last laugh when the money starts rolling in from all the folks suffering with Seasonal Affective Disorder. It doesn't have a chance against this light!

Comment

Are those ECTA fridge magnets ???

Comment

I put two lights in the front foyer of our house... one would be too bright ... now waiting on the dimmer switch ... should arrive on wednesday ... had to put 0-10 volt dimmer circuit wiring in.... involved pulling in another pair of wiresnext time, I just pony up the extra dough for the ones that use a standard dimmer switch!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
            Are those ECTA fridge magnets ???
            Yep. How'd you know? EDIT: Unit says because now there's enough light to see 'em.
            Last edited by pdub; May 10, 2021, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Andy saw the fridge magnets but nobody said anything about the stove being 5 or 6 inches closer to the center of the earth than the dishwasher is.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                ...nobody said anything about the stove being 5 or 6 inches closer to the center of the earth than the dishwasher is.
                Well - that sort of makes sense (to me). Most of us do more work on top of the stove that in the oven whereas the dishwasher tends to be used more on the inside than the top.

So for height challenged individuals (like Kenny ) it seems a good design
                Last edited by cstmwgn; May 11, 2021, 06:46 AM.

Comment

I'm about to replace all of my shop lights because they dim as they age... didn't even realize that until I replaced a dead fixture with the same-but-new, I had blamed old age, global warming, increased gravity and whoever the President is of Bolivia.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Now if we could only invent some light that leaks around corners like water does I'd have enough out there to work on Red.

Name:	P1020002.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1294006

Comment

Now if we could only invent some light that leaks around corners like water does I'd have enough out there to work on Red.

Called “light bulbs”.
                      halogen and LED makes dips and pot holes disappear.. finding them on a dark night at speed is no fun.

Comment

Pretty cool how you got red into a shot of the kitchen . There's a car guy .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post

Thanks for the "car guy" Dan! What it is is a house with an attached garage. When we had the tub torn out for a walk-in shower in the master bath they made a hole in the floor and you could look through it straight down onto Bluebelle's roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post

with its hood up.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

with its hood up.
                              On jackstands. Hogging up the whole garage. That was a lot of work for Hollywood. I had to rest up for two days after posing that shot. We do have to maintain appearances ya know, the neighbor on that side thinks we have a race car so I don't want to disappoint him. I would be willing to take Red's mufflers loose and pointlessly vroom him in the garage when I get up early in the morning but he works night shift so he wouldn't be home to hear it.

Comment

Working...
                              X