Tom Bailey's replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Bailey's replacement

Nitro-methane street car. Let me say that again, Nitro Methane Street wagon with a solid front axle. Not a gasser.

it's pretty damn nuts
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

The unveiling was kind of weird, but here's the start of this

Comment

I haven't watched the videos yet, but I will....should be interesting. Especially since I've been hanging out with Brian Kohlmann on drag week the past few years, he is the first with a nitro burning drag week car, and has made it to the second day of competition a couple times, before having things too so far wrong that he can't continue.

Should be interesting.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

What I like the most about this is their unveiling how they're doing it - if it's wrong, so be it, but I'll have learned something on someone else's dime.

Comment

Brian has a long thread about his car on the hamb, he loves teaching folks about nitro.

My fabulous web page

Comment

I was thinking someone had tried it before with a hot rod .. seems like it should be possible with computerized EFI and being able to get rid of cylinder pressure on the street by changing pulleys or cutting the belt .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I dont think Brian does anything different with the blower. He's put a whole lot of effort into his setup, always thinking of new ideas. He's planning to run the nitro coupe in the Summit sponsored Midwest Drags later this month. Although keeping the thing working, makes it a crapshoot whether or not he'll show up...there's just so much that can go wrong!

It will be fun to watch Bailey's learning curve...he's a sharp guy, and knows how to find good help, as well.
              My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                Brian has a long thread about his car on the hamb, he loves teaching folks about nitro.
                153 pages long, truly deserving of Epic (re-) build thread. Thanks for that.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  Brian has a long thread about his car on the hamb.
                  Nitro is so traditional.

Comment

folks even used it during the ban 60 years ago...they just didn't do it at NHRA tracks
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

Oh.

Comment

Working...
                      X