Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1932 Studebaker Indy Racer lives

Indy car startup - YouTube

Studebaker Drivers Club member Gary Ash started with a Studebaker President inline 8 motor and a pair of frame rails in 2009. He fired it up Friday for the first time. The body and most of the work was done by Gary. About all that remains to do is the paint and upholstery.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Cool . Any pics or link ?
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Here's the 13 page thread on the AACA Forum started in 2014... Lots of great quality pictures, with many long explanations and discussions. Gary basically learned fabrication in order to build this car.

1932 Studebaker Indy car build - Page 13 - Speedsters - Antique Automobile Club of America - Discussion Forums (aaca.org)

Comment

It's quite wonderful! Good all over him for pulling this off.

Dan

Comment

Yeah , that's very cool .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Gary is a great guy. I have spoken with him at various Studebaker gatherings. He indeed has done almost all the work himself. I believe he took classes in how to do the metal body work and other things he was not familiar with. Classes like these aren't found at you local community college but at places, some in England I believe, that work on the details of such a project. I can't wait to see the car in person.

Comment

Gary took the Indy racer to the Indy 500 Museum this week for the Studebaker Drivers Club International Meet. He didn't get to drive around the famed oval, but museum employees brought their own red 22 Indy roadster out for pictures with Gary's roadster. The red car hadn't been out in the sun for decades. Gary is in the blue shirt, both cars are running in the second photo.
              Click a couple times to blow the photos up to full size.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1348.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	1305950
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1370.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	1305951
              Last edited by studemax; September 11, 2021, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                X