No announcement yet.

4 Bolt or 5 Bolt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was 17 and bought a 75ish Pinto for $50 ran and drove with a clean title but no exhaust just the exhaust manifold. Yeah it was a little loud? A friend and I burned one tire until it popped. Drove it home about a half mile on said flat. Oh yeah it was a 4spd so high RPM (for a Pinto) clutch drops!!! We found a wheel at hoarder neighbors but a slightly larger bolt pattern? I broke 2 wheel studs off and bent one of the remaining 2 and the wheel fit! We drove it a few miles to another friends place who had a 5+ acre field where we beat the hell out of it until both of the remaining lugs nuts broke. Sold it to friends dad that owned the land for $25 bucks and got a ride home. This was all in the span of about 5 hours. Lugs nuts, we don't need 4 stinking lugs nuts!!! I do have a couple pics of the burnout session and will get them posted here later.
    Last edited by ratpatrol66; June 5, 2021, 11:11 PM.

Comment

4 bolts? Luxury! When I was a boy, three was all you needed .....

Click image for larger version

Name:	citroen-wheel.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	1295290

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
        4 bolts? Luxury! When I was a boy, three was all you needed .....

Click image for larger version  Name:	citroen-wheel.jpg Views:	3 Size:	292.6 KB ID:	1295290

I had the same thought! Probably not many of us who know about the 3 lug cars. Where else but in France......

Is this the British equivalent of "Hell, when I was a boy........"?

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; June 6, 2021, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I had the same thought! Probably not many of us who know about the 3 lug cars. Where else but in France......

Is this the British equivalent of "Hell, when I was a boy........"?

Dan
          When I was a boy grandma's Snapper riding mower had three lugnuts...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear-wheel-and-tire-off-a-Snapper-rear.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1295297
          Last edited by Beagle; June 6, 2021, 04:07 PM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

As a genuine Yorkshireman, the Monty Python " Four Yorkshiremen" sketch is always applicable!

Comment

Working...
            X