Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garage Project ...I'm not a carpenter . But ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Project ...I'm not a carpenter . But ......

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210605_142346_copy_3024x2268.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	1295236 So the garage that came with the house about 9 months ago came with alot of second hand 2x4s . So I thought I'd get them out of my way and make something useful out of them . Little did I know that even with free lumber , I'd have $20 bucks worth of deck screws in these car stands ! Plus it gave me a chance to learn how to use or use better the yardsale $30 radial arm saw I bout a while back . The first one isn't pretty but the second one , where I earned how to set the fence up the boards are alot square.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Name:	20210605_183049_copy_3024x2268.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	1295240Click image for larger version

Views:	137
ID:	1295241
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

They sem to work .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

those are so handy.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration Dan! I 100% do NOT like getting under a car with jackstands. I know it's safe if done properly, I know the car will hang there for years on jackstands but I do NOT have to like it. Our garage floor is so cracked up and unlevel (about 3 inches side to side) that I'd much prefer to get under the box, I just feel better about it. I've got the two boxes that came with the ramps I have.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020050.JPG Views:	0 Size:	100.3 KB ID:	1295285

This time around I need Red up with the rear end sagging so I can't put the jackstands under the rear axle. That's a PITA since he's been lowered, if I jack the front up first the jack won't fit under the rear, etc., and on and on. Seeing your project...yeah, two more boxes. I got one made today and I'm plumb give out so I'll make the other one tomorrow.. I made a removable lid for the box so I can use them either under the wheels or under the edge of the body to let the rear end sag. That way I don't ever have to get under the car on jackstands even while I'm raising it. I think, I haven't tried it yet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1020053.JPG Views:	0 Size:	100.5 KB ID:	1295286

And lemme tell y'all, I was at the Depot this morning stacking up 2x4's at $8.25 apiece and one of the Depot elves happened by. He shook his head and said, "Wow, those were $1.78 last February.
          Last edited by pdub; June 6, 2021, 12:25 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

If you are doing an oil change on the FIERO I have bad news for you

Comment

We are eventually planning on dropping the cradle with engine and transaxle so I can rebuild the rusted out unibody frame . I do appreciate the humor though !
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Pee Wee , yours look fantastic......no wood but fantastic !
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  Pee Wee , yours look fantastic......no wood but fantastic !
                  Thanks Dan! Are you talking about the shiny aluminum hand built ones with the nice welds?

Name:	P1020054.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1295347

I'm real proud of those, I bought them myself !

Comment

Yes I am ? Those are nice , real nice !
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Yes I am ? Those are nice , real nice !
                      hey now, you're the one parading your use of $10,000 worth of 2x4s...
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

hey now, you're the one parading your use of $10,000 worth of 2x4s...
                        When I was picking out ten 2x4's at an exorbitant price, I thought about Dan building those that are about twice as tall as I was going for. Good thing for him he had all of those lying around. I thought to myself, "Man, he could have built grandstands."

Comment

Views:	142
ID:	1295240Click image for larger version

Views:	137
ID:	1295241
                          Simple yet functional. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Just bought lumber for a fencing project at the house... 17-12 foot treated 2x4s and 11-8 foot treated 2x4s plus a bit over a hundred dollars of screws, pricetag: 450+ dollars still haven't bought the pickets yet, looking at another 650+ for those, but they are cedar, so go figure....
                            Last edited by silver_bullet; June 8, 2021, 06:07 AM.
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                              Just bought lumber for a fencing project at the house... 17-12 foot treated 2x4s and 11-8 foot treated 2x4s plus a bit over a hundred dollars of screws, pricetag: 450+ dollars still haven't bought the pickets yet, looking at another 650+ for those, but they are cedar, so go figure....
                              OUCH!!!! Did they take you to dinner and tell you they love you?

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X