Heat wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat wave

By Monday, temperatures will be 30 degrees above average. Yeah, it sucks, but I've always felt that we get off easy.

Be safe, folks.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Yup, it going around. We have extreme heat warnings here for most of the next week. Apparently the ALL TIME record for Edmonton is 37 deg C (98 F), and there are a couple days next week that will equal, or potentially surpass that. That's awfully hot for a bunch of pasty white guys

Edmonton Forecast (Imperial Units)

Current conditions and forecasts including 7 day outlook, daily high/low temperature, warnings, chance of precipitation, pressure, humidity/wind chill (when applicable) historical data, normals, record values and sunrise/sunset times

Edmonton Forecast (Metric Units)

Current conditions and forecasts including 7 day outlook, daily high/low temperature, warnings, chance of precipitation, pressure, humidity/wind chill (when applicable) historical data, normals, record values and sunrise/sunset times

EDIT: For those that care, the UNIT CONVERTER in the link below, by Josh Madison is super handy, it's been on my desktop of work & home computers since the late nineties.....

I'd just like to inform you about a piece of freeware called "convert" by Josh Madison. This is an amazingly useful program - something that every mechanical engineer should have in my opinion! It's function is simple - it converts any unit of measure. Force, mass, volume, acceleration, density...

But when it comes to more techy stuff like Newton-Meters to Ft-lbs, etc, this one has converters for units you've likely never heard of....

Quick, free, online unit converter that converts common units of measurement, along with 77 other converters covering an assortment of units. The site also includes a predictive tool that suggests possible conversions based on input, allowing for easier navigation while learning more about various unit systems.

James
    Last edited by Tubbed Pacecar; June 26, 2021, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      By Monday, temperatures will be 30 degrees above average. Yeah, it sucks, but I've always felt that we get off easy.

Be safe, folks.
      Those of us here in the areas of the continent that have 4 seasons are hearing rumors that some folks in your region may not even have air conditioning, by design.
      Last edited by pdub; June 26, 2021, 08:22 AM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Those of us here in the areas of the continent that have 4 seasons are hearing rumors that some folks in your region may not even have air conditioning, by design.
        We just used our’s yesterday.
        normally we get by without
        But now? Nope. It will run when the house gets warm.
        100+ is rare for us and tomorrow is forecast to be 111...
        90 is something that hits and cools off
        Whole of next week is in the 90’s.
        Our river access is boogered

Comment

Originally posted by Tubbed Pacecar View Post
          But when it comes to more techy stuff like Newton-Meters to Ft-lbs, etc, this one has converters for units you've likely never heard of....

Quick, free, online unit converter that converts common units of measurement, along with 77 other converters covering an assortment of units. The site also includes a predictive tool that suggests possible conversions based on input, allowing for easier navigation while learning more about various unit systems.

James
          Stone/furlongs?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Tubbed Pacecar View Post
            Yup, it going around. We have extreme heat warnings here for most of the next week. Apparently the ALL TIME record for Edmonton is 37 deg C (98 F), and there are a couple days next week that will equal, or potentially surpass that. That's awfully hot for a bunch of pasty white guys

Edmonton Forecast (Imperial Units)

Edmonton Forecast (Metric Units)

EDIT: For those that care, the UNIT CONVERTER in the link below, by Josh Madison is super handy, it's been on my desktop of work & home computers since the late nineties.....

I'd just like to inform you about a piece of freeware called "convert" by Josh Madison. This is an amazingly useful program - something that every mechanical engineer should have in my opinion! It's function is simple - it converts any unit of measure. Force, mass, volume, acceleration, density...

James
            when I lived in France, I used this rule - double the C, add 30 degrees. So for your car - 37*2 =74, plus 30 104. Accurate enough to determine what to wear....

it hit 110 on my deck, but that's direct sun

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Stone/furlongs?

Dan
              cubits. (length of a forearm = 18")

Comment

this heat must be more common than not.
                it creates fresh water steam to the coast, you get big lumber..
                famous redwoods.

I love solar minimum.
                maine gets more like a normal seattle (foggy all day etc etc) and that sucks.

hope to see some real heat here too.

I was in coveralls today, welding leathers. almost a chill in the air.
                barely broke 70
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

9pm...90*.....
                  how strange for here

Comment

Enjoy it while you can!
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

it's rained so much that it's very humid - and today is supposed to be the highest temps of all.

Comment

it's rained so much that it's very humid - and today is supposed to be the highest temps of all.
                        My kid is in Gresham (the sticks of Portland) and he is whining that it is hotter and more humid than Florida!

Comment

when I lived in France, I used this rule - double the C, add 30 degrees. So for your car - 37*2 =74, plus 30 104. Accurate enough to determine what to wear....

it hit 110 on my deck, but that's direct sun
                          For more accuracy use: 2C - 10% + 32 = F. The other way: F - 32 + 10% divided by 2.
                          Easy to do in your head.
                          Last edited by oletrux4evr; June 30, 2021, 09:49 AM.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

For more accuracy use: 2C - 10% + 32 = F. The other way: F - 32 + 10% divided by 2.
                            Easy to do in your head.
                            if math was easy, I'd be an engineer. Just sayin'

and the worst day was Monday.... 112* in the shade at 80% humidity. For context, Atlanta, GA has never had that level of heat and humidity at once.

But today, it was 68 degrees when I was driving in for work...might hit 80 this afternoon.... thank heavens.

Comment

damn, that was hot! Good thing it didn't last too long
                              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                              X