We get a few hot days then it cools off.. But rarely 100+
    Nights generally really cool off.
    I never had a home AC until 4-5 years ago

Not noon yet and 66*. Sweet!
    Was 100 couple days ago at 9am

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      damn, that was hot! Good thing it didn't last too long
      humidity is what gets me, I'm not a fan of much over 80* but I avoid humidity..... and given the rain storms just before this, humidity was in abundance.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

a week or two ago it was well over 100 here...but about 20% humidity. It felt cool, to me.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          a week or two ago it was well over 100 here...but about 20% humidity. It felt cool, to me.
          Willow Springs race track was bouncing near 100 degrees, I was fine. Just have to keep hydrated because the wind was unbelievable.

Comment

Today it's currently 37 Deg C (98.6 F), forecast for tomorrow is also 37 C. Got a text yesterday from a friend in BC's Okanogan region, it was 44 Deg C (111.2 F), while up in Morthern Alberta where I grew up (Grande Prairie), it was 41 Deg C (105.8 F), which is about 20 Deg C higher than what would be considered the avg temp.....it's been a long week, and it's not over yet !!
            Last edited by Tubbed Pacecar; June 30, 2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubbed Pacecar View Post
              Today it's currently 37 Deg C (98.6 F), forecast for tomorrow is also 37 C. Got a text yesterday from a friend in BC's Okanogan region, it was 44 Deg C (111.2 F), while up in Morthern Alberta where I grew up (Grande Prairie), it was 41 Deg C (105.8 F), which is about 20 Deg C higher than what would be considered the avg temp.....it's been a long week, and it's not over yet !!
              I heard the plains in Canada are getting it much, much worse. Prayers for them.

Comment

Definitely not typical, and well above the seasonal averages, hopefully it doesn't drag on too long!! I woke up on the couch @ 2:00 AM last night SOAKED, went and pounded back a couple glasses of water, and sat down at my desktop PC, it was still 26 Deg C (78.8 F), which would be above what would be a normal daytime high around here. And when I got up @ 6:30, it was still 23 Deg C (73.4 F).
                Seems like a day here or there is tolerable, but when you string a good number of consecutive days together, the buildings get heat-soaked, andalong with the overnight highs, the interior temps get way out of hand. it's shortly after 6:00 PM here, and the temp inside my house ATM is 32.8 Deg C (91 F)

Although the BC Okanagan is a much warmer climate than where I'm at, I still feel for them, with temps into the 40's (40 Deg C = 104 F)

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

For more accuracy use: 2C - 10% + 32 = F. The other way: F - 32 + 10% divided by 2.
                  Easy to do in your head.
                  Um - not in my head.....

Dan

Comment

The method I vaguely recall from Post Secondary Tech School:

Celsius to Fahrenheit: (Deg C x 9/5) + 32

Fahrenheit to Celsius: (Deg F-32) x 5/9

.....or you just download Josh Madison's Unit Converter

Convert is a free and easy to use unit conversion program that will convert many of the most popular units.

**Or, if you have a Scientific Calculator with SOLVER mode, you can load the formulas up, after which you just plug in the known value, and it will do all the heavy lifting
                    Last edited by Tubbed Pacecar; June 30, 2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Y’all wanna hear some funny shitz?
                      I got the heating pad on!

Comment

Bob: You mean the COUCH ?? lol

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Y’all wanna hear some funny shitz?
                        I got the heating pad on!

Comment

Working...
                        X