No announcement yet.

Car guys and Steampunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave - I have almost no old-timey stuff so I'm out of the running on Steampunk though I DO appreciate it greatly. About the only thing old I have is a nifty old set of screw thread taps and dies and they are EXCELLENT. I sometimes use them if I need, say, #8 threads in something hard. The wooden box they're in is a masterpiece.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; August 2, 2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Remember Dan is the master of the mixed metamole...

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
        Remember Dan is the master of the mixed metamole...
        does he keep them in a finely crafted, old box?
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

does he keep them in a finely crafted, old box?
          Actually it's an old shoebox duct taped together. He also keeps his old puns in the same box. I'd make a bad pun here, but but my bpb isn't working. (bpb-bad pun button). Nor is my mind working today. Some say it's never worked but what do some know...

Comment

Actually it's an old shoebox duct taped together. He also keeps his old puns in the same box. I'd make a bad pun here, but but my bpb isn't working. (bpb-bad pun button). Nor is my mind working today. Some say it's never worked but what do some know...
            you lost your box?

Comment

you lost your box?
              Marbles, likely ‍♀️

Comment

Comment

On the subject of marbles, I never had any. And I lost all my Matchbox cars as well...

Comment

Comment

On the subject of marbles, I never had any. And I lost all my Matchbox cars as well...
                      I had them and a wrist rocket... 3 unexplained bruises on my brother and that was the end of that... and yes, I'm chuckling at the thought of how that might have happened. Two words...worth it.

Comment

For me and my older brother it was horse chestnuts. You ever get hit with one of those spikey things???

Comment

Amateurs ... my brother and I had BB gun wars with the entire group of neighborhood kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                            Amateurs ... my brother and I had BB gun wars with the entire group of neighborhood kids.
                            Only had 1 bb gun between the 2 of us. I'd have lost, he's older than me...

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                              hmmm.... spoken like someone who hasn't been hit with something shot from a wrist rocket... most .177 BB guns don't have anywhere near the same power as a wrist rocket.

https://www.amazon.com/TRS-Hotshot-W.../dp/B07M9WJDKQ
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 5, 2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

hmmm.... spoken like someone who hasn't been hit with something shot from a wrist rocket... most .177 BB guns don't have anywhere near the same power as a wrist rocket.

https://www.amazon.com/TRS-Hotshot-W.../dp/B07M9WJDKQ
                                I’m told they whistle then hit ya?

Comment

Working...
                                X