No announcement yet.

Concours d'Lemons Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Rained all day. That Cancelled the 2 Speed Shop's I wanted to visit....
    Between storms made it to the motel next to the Saturday Car Show.
    The Rains let up just before Show Time.
    The Trophy I came to Defend wasn't Announced this Year ????
    But We had a HOOT anyway! Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2396.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	851.3 KB
ID:	1300423

And Bribes to the Judges is Not only allowed.....
    BUT encouraged !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2397.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	1300424

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I am enjoying the ride.
      BtB
      DTB - RETIRED

Comment

SUNDAY, DAY 10
        The Concours D' Elegance
        After a MAJOR STORM overnight, the Suburbs north of here still don't have power.
        people were checking into the Motel to get a shower and air conditioning as it was almost 90° today.
        OK Ray and I took a later start than planned to let things dry up. Running a Open Wheel Rig throws road water all over your outboard side arm.

Name:	Effect_20210725_152405.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	1300584

NOT GOOD when you are Wearing Your Sunday Best Suit !!!!
        ​​​​​

Comment

The Concours is WELL WORTH the price of Admission !!!
          Many Vehicles you will never see anywhere else. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210725_122540901_HDR.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	500.9 KB
ID:	1300587Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210725_122552363_HDR.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	435.0 KB
ID:	1300588Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210725_122604630_HDR.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	901.2 KB
ID:	1300589

Comment

And unique ideas for tech inspection....
            All vehicles are to be "Chocked" and have a Fire Extinguisher.... Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2398.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	880.0 KB
ID:	1300591

"Dave", this is SO Steampunk.!!!
            I'm going to R&D this Idea.....
            (R&D.....ripoff and duplicate !!)

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
              I'm going to R&D this Idea.....
              (R&D.....ripoff and duplicate !!)

Comment

DAY 12,
                Yesterday was a Driving Day, Detroit (Plymouth) to Ludington, Michigan. Glad we had a whole day plus to spare....

Again, the Gremlins showed up.
                Higher RPM, Freeway Speed stumble.
                Had a spare set of points, pulled off on a side street, popped them in......
                same problem a couple 3 exit down.
                Got off and pulled into the first Parts House we could find.....O'Reilly's.

Decided, even though we could see thru the Fuel Filter, and No Real sediment seen, we would buy a New One. (Because I'm not in good humor at this point, and didn't want to unload all the luggage and supplies, AGAIN, to get at the bottom box of spare parts)

OK Ray, is thinking that my Ancient Repurposed Fuel Tank, the fine "Rusty Dust" has "Slimed" the paper element, and clogged it. Turns out, our friendly counter person, takes me directly to the filter section......
                And they are OUT of the SIZE filter I need...

I will skip the Muddering Compound Cussing, unloading part.
                New Filter in stalled, check fuel flow at the carb, ( as I could easily blow thru the Old one), ....it's flowing, but not at good Squirt per say. I turned up the Fuel Pressure Regulator a 1/8 turn.

Ran the 230+ miles to Ludington,
                But still have a stumble above 75 MPH if run a ways, will leave things alone until we get home, once over Lake Michigan, it's all state highways home (55 MPH)

Last edited by Captain; July 27, 2021, 04:34 AM. Reason: Auto correct CORRECTION

Comment

DAY 12 cont.
                  Again rain came over night and is still light rain this morning. Good Day to just catch up on some rest, as OK Ray is starting to get a little ragged. He's is only 2 years and a month older than me.......that 30 days must have been a Killer.....LOL

Comment

DAY 13,
                    ​​​​​​In our Travels met a Beautiful True Rusty Iron Junkie Girl Beth, firing off questions as fast as a "Track Official" during Tech Inspection,....
                    And a Beautiful Young Lady Julie, a True Free Spirit on a trip to Escape Detroit Living.
                    Having Morning Coffee, final packing Bags to load up, and head over to the SS Badger, of Passage across Lake Michigan and Back to Wisconsin.
                    Hopefully, the Indy Racer is forthcoming and gets us home uneventful......

Capt Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2406.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1300875

Name:	KIMG2408.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	863.1 KB
ID:	1300876

Comment

In our Travels met a Beautiful True Rusty Iron Junkie Girl Beth, firing off questions as fast as a "Track Official" during Tech Inspection,....
                      And a Beautiful Young Lady Julie, a True Free Spirit on a trip to Escape Detroit Living.
                      ... and where, pray tell, are the pics of "Beautiful True Rusty Iron Junkie Girl Beth" and "Beautiful Young Lady Julie, a True Free Spirit" ?

Comment

Love the Badger! Happy sailing. We met and hung out with Bob Vila (and his much younger wife) of This Old House fame on one crossing.

Dan

Comment

The Cruise Across Lake Michigan was a delight. Calm seas, light winds...
                          Again they had me load the Indy Racer by myself, and the last vehicle to Load. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG95202107289508493746695HDR.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	1301115

Name:	IMG_20210728_084943555_HDR.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	1301116Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2409.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	1301117

Comment

Made it back, 16:25 hrs local time,
                            Stopped at the Thirsty Beaver Bar for Victory Shot(s) Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2410.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	846.4 KB
ID:	1301119

13 Days, 1437 miles, of Open Roads and Chaos, but NO Tickets, NO Hospitalizations (even though OK Ray wasn't doing good in the 90° heat while DeToxing from all the beer he drank the night before), AND NO Major Breakdowns.

Here's the Stats:
                            1437 miles off the GPS Unit
                            1 1/4 qt oil
                            81 gallons of gas
                            No Additional coolant added
                            1 points and condenser set (wasn't needed)
                            1 fuel filter
                            6 spark plugs (1 failed, replaced all 6)

Signing Out....
                            Capt & OK Ray

Comment

The Cruise Across Lake Michigan was a delight. Calm seas, light winds...
                              Again they had me load the Indy Racer by myself, and the last vehicle to Load.
                              The Badger is fun. For the uninitiated, it's s aid to be the last commercial ship that's fueled by coal, hence the "rolling coal" in the pics. She really IS rolling coal! I love the sweet smell of the coal fire.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

... and where, pray tell, are the pics of "Beautiful True Rusty Iron Junkie Girl Beth" and "Beautiful Young Lady Julie, a True Free Spirit" ?

I Know !!! I did think of a Fillipino Fire Drill at the "Long Light" to have everyone Bail Out for PIX......But Stopping Up US 10 Not Once.... But Twice....
                                definitely is a County Cop Attention Getter......

But This Princess was Very Talkative about her Boyfriend"s Car.....

Name:	100_0247.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	943.0 KB
ID:	1301208

Fast Cars......Fast Women !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X