Automotive related T.V. programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Automotive related T.V. programs

Hopefully this Carjunkietv thing turns out to be more gonzo in nature with completely unobjective event coverage while the journalists (stretching the term there) are actually themselves competing.
    Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

I have no doubt. this should be really cool!

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich
        Originally posted by Rebeldryver
        In other words it's all flash and no substance. Describes Hollywood to a "T".
        Yeah... I guess that pretty much summarizes my post in 9 words. :-\

... ranting is so much more fun though. ;D
        Sorry, I guess I just helped the Cliff Notes set.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

some are good some are bad, but they all take away from time we should be working on our own stuff. come on we are car junkies,not tv junkies right .they need to show the sunday stuff again at night like tnn used to back in the day.

Comment

Musclecars and Gearz. Guys who know stuff and show a real passion for the cars. Can't ever catch Hot Rod TV. Everything else is just hokey fake staged hollywood garbage drama. The Foose show could be saved. Keep the car makeover part, ditch everything else! Hey, maybe we could "steal" his show and fix it the way we think would be best and then give it back to him!

Comment

I agree with Dave that they should put these shows on in the evening. Give us gearheads an alternative to Desperate Housewives. The fact they are on at 7 am on Saturday and Sunday pretty much guarantees that I won't watch them. There are only two reasons that I am up that early on the weekends, work and swapmeets.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Musclecar, HotRodTV (liked it more when Dave McClelland was on it) Rides, Wrecks to Riiches,and Chop Cut Rebuild To name a few. But even American Hot Rod is better than most non car TV

Comment

Favorite car show has to be Top Gear - it's a fun show to watch, and it's not filled with the non-stop shilling of products that weighs down the american shows. You can tell these guys really love cars, they're having fun, and if something sucks, they're not afraid to say it. When I see a host on one of the american shows trying to sell me a Tornado, or a fuel line magnet, or some other snake-oil product - they lose all credibility.

I like MuscleCar, because Lou is actually doing the stuff I want to learn how to do. I thought it was better when Jared was on it, but I've picked up a lot watching that show. You can only watch so many intake swaps on Horsepower TV before you start to tune it out. I watched a few episodes of Hot Rod TV, but it was so corporate and flashy, and they re-used the same footage over and over during the show. That was annoying.

I don't watch American Hot Rod anymore - there's no excuse for treating people like that, drama or not - I'm not surprised that all the good guys quit on him.

I like Dream Car Garage, but I wish it was all about the restoration stuff going on at LMC, the Musclecar shootouts, and road tests of awesome cars. The shilling on that show gets to me too.

That Classic Car Restoration show on DIY is pretty cool - it was neat seeing Steve Magnante doing that Mustang and the T-Bird, but I'd like to see them tackle a more in-depth project like the LeMans on MuscleCar. Something where you've really got to get your hands dirty, and there's a lot of cutting and welding involved.

That's the kind of stuff I like,

Doug

Comment

As an afterthought - stuff I'd like to see on TV that I don't usually see:

Coverage of Bonneville and other LSR events, nostalgia drag racing (top fuel and funny cars especially), vintage Trans Am / Can Am racing, F.A.S.T and pure stock drag racing.

It seems like there's so much NASCAR coverage, it's squeezed out everything else. I want to see more variety. Guys out there having fun with cars, because they love it, whether there's sponsorship dollars and prize money or not.

Doug

Comment

Enjoy Muscle Cars, HorsePower, Dream Car Garage (those two are hilarious) American Muscle Car, Pinks All Out (can't stand the whining on regular Pinks) and Stacey David is great! but I never get to see him up here. Used to enjoy Hot Rod TV but haven't been able to see it in years now.
                      "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

My guilty pleasure is Musclecar. Lou is an awesome fabricator (we even joke about it at work!) "Normally, you could open up a catalog and order some Tubular Upper Control Arms, but I decided, that since I have some EXTRA chrome-moly 4130 laying around, I'd FAB my OWN! 6 hours later with my trusty tig machine, and VOILA!" He's like Norm Abrams, all the tools laying around to do cool stuff. I keep meaning to catch Gearz, because, like everyone else says, Stacy David is pretty good too.

Comment

I think they All Suck. Everything is Scripted, and if its not finished in 7 Days its not TV Worthy.

I want to see more "How To Shows". I could care less if Summit gives them a $15,000 Engine and Foose throws in a $8,000 Set of Rims, And Some After Market Body shop replaces every Panel on the Car. and $8,000 more for the Suspension, $20,000 for Chrome work, Add in $5,000 of interior and another $25,000 of Stereo Work. And Walaah!!! you have a awesome Car. No Crapp Einstien...

Now go out to the Junkyard and get some goodies and recondition them to new and Impress me. (Without any Help) I'll bet the show would take 10 years to complete one car.

Stacy David does some good stuff, and the Girl on Extreme 4X4 can weld like a Pro.

Some of the Shows that are on should be called "Bolt on TV". Most of the Shows just throw catchy little phrases at each other and sell Car Parts and really have no talent. I want to see just how they stay so clean when sanding a car,and I want to see some bloody knuckles when the wrench slips, with some Cusing too. By the way where is the Fridge with the Beer in it? Now that would be Reality!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CudaZappa
                            My guilty pleasure is Musclecar. Lou is an awesome fabricator (we even joke about it at work!) "Normally, you could open up a catalog and order some Tubular Upper Control Arms, but I decided, that since I have some EXTRA chrome-moly 4130 laying around, I'd FAB my OWN! 6 hours later with my trusty tig machine, and VOILA!" He's like Norm Abrams, all the tools laying around to do cool stuff. I keep meaning to catch Gearz, because, like everyone else says, Stacy David is pretty good too.
                            I never made that connection before but you are totally correct on it. Lou is the Norm Abrams of metal. If they could get the shows on at a watchable time where I could get in the habit of watching I'd be on board. As it is I rarely watch any of them.
                            Rich

sigpic

Comment

If I am watching tv and a car show is on, I am watching it. I like them all. I want to cut Dennis Gages ( did I get the name right) mustach off though. Ever see him in the show where he is riding in Leno's Stanley Steamer? Goof Ball.........

Comment

i always enjoyed Stacey's TRUCKS show, very informative, also enjoy Trick My Truck ocassionally.

Comment

Working...
                                X