No announcement yet.

The road to Rockingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs more stickers to be a Nascar Billboard!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Wish I could come watch you make laps! Keep up the fun!
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
        Wish I could come watch you make laps! Keep up the fun!
        Yeah it's fun, always is. Especially being at a track that's so historic for something else. What amazes me is that Rusty Wallace turned a lap around that oval at 158 mph. GYAH, ain't no humanly possible way he did that. I mean, NO way, that's incredible. Well, not after all these years anyhow. The track is falling apart, rough as hell.

I've already got a plan for this morning's first run. They've got cones and numbers set up in the grid area. I'm going to go out there and post up ass last. Some of those guys are out there trying to get lap times. I mean...WHY?
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Wow what a great track weekend. A great dose of track crack. I got in all the runs I wanted and did better each time I went out. Unit got to go for a ride in a race built Mustang with our new garage friend George. She was bouncing around and all full of herself after that. Grinning. She said her face hurt from grinning so much in the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020183.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1307917

Name:	P1020184.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1307918

Did I say she loved it? Well, she did. We got back to the motel this evening and I said let's cut those wrist bands off. She said nope, you ain't gettin' my wrist bands. I wanna keep them on for a while. She stuck her hand in her pocket when I came after her with scissors.

Name:	P1020192.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1307919

Comment

When George got through riding Unit around he got out and was playing with the track app on his phone. He said let's see what I've been running. 1:10, 1:10, 1:10...I'm running 1:10's. I told George if he's running 1:10's I must be running 1:40's. I'm mighty slow and I can't stay out of anybody's way.

I'm downloading videos we made this weekend, in the car and from the ground. I was driving better than I thought I was. I found a lap on there where I ran a 1:15. That's slow, that will get you passed but it's a whole lot better than I thought I was doing. Just sayin. When we get home I'll cut that video down to a lap and post it up, here's a lap around the roval at Rockingham. I'm not too terribly awful ashamed of it in fact. Above all, dang that's fun.

Comment

The guys who run racing tires at Rockingham figure they'll get one weekend out of them on that track. The surface is sandpaper. One guy in my run group with street tires rotated his tires on Sunday. Well, okay. Red's Continentals are wear rated 560. The wear indicators are still right where they were but the tread looks like a million mice had been chewing on them. I tried to take a photo of it but the photo won't show it.

Name:	Tire.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	1307953

Comment

Looks gnarled up to me....
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

maybe next year, I'll be able to really start trying out tracks on the other side of the world from me.....
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Looks gnarled up to me....
                    I believe the correct term is scrubbed.
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

I believe the correct term is scrubbed.
                      It's a regional language thing.......

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        maybe next year, I'll be able to really start trying out tracks on the other side of the world from me.....
                        Look out, it's deer meat - gets bigger as you chew it. Now from talking with George and his bunch at Rockingham we've gotta go to VIR next year. Just HAVE to, whatever date comes out first on the NASA schedule.

We're now back home so film at eleven from Rockingham later today as I get some footage cut and glued and uploaded. Which reminds me, there was a guy in my run group in a 2010 Mustang who was live streaming from the car going around the track and providing commentary for his viewers. He was crazy, in my estimation, I mean overall crazy. He showed me a playback. His phone has no stabilization so on that track you could just about tell he was driving around a race track if you shook your head up and down and sideways as fast as you could to try to keep up with the picture.

WOW whatta great weekend it was for us. That's why I keep trying, maybe to have a weekend like that one at a track and it was just fabulous.

Comment

I told George I'd get him the video I took of his run with Sue Unit on board. Here it is, in low def glory. I was using the Bloggie camera. Hey Stude, remember the Bloggie? You can't see anything in the viewfinder screen when the sun's shining. Toward the end I wanted to capture a whole lap in real time and... well, you'll see. He ran about a 1:13 that time around, guessing by the pavement stripe in the infield. You have to just believe Unit was in the car. She was.

Comment

This is a testament to the built-in stabilization in the GoPro9 camera. It's amazing. The yaw mount had shaken loose and I didn't know it so the camera is panning around left and right by itself from lateral G forces. Let's take a slow lap around The Rock, y'awnt to?

Comment

This video showed up in my random YouTube queue after I posted Rockingham videos. It's a full tour of the track posted three days ago. I saw a truck up there in the stands near the press box on Friday when we were getting registered and teched and I wondered how in the world it got up there. Later on in the video, now we know.

Comment

Looks like y’all had fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X