Weekend Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Fun

More little Project Repairs Off the Punch Card.
    The week before the Concours d'Lemons trip, the starter on Jeep Soup gave up the Ghost! Let it go until I got back.

Pulled the starter.....
    The Brushes are Shot, one is SO WORN, there is more Copper in a Penny than what was left !!

Ordered a new Brush Set, cleaned the 80+ years of dirt, krudd, and goopy stuff out of the starter. (This has to be the ORIGINAL Starter.....it only had engine paint on the exposed side)

Friday, was finishing up the rebuild, and my Grandson Ryker came up. So of course, put him to work in the shop. It stops the "Thousand Questions" .......
    "Why is the Jeep Green....and The Engine is Black..."

Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2424.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	704.7 KB
ID:	1303194
    ​​​​​
    Saturday, he helped ?! Put it back in Jeep Soup ONLY because he wanted RIDES in the "Forest"......Actually he is very curious, and wanted to know What a Starter is, where it goes, and How it works.

Great for Grandpa, Made Me Look Like a Real Mechanic, it WORKED the First time and we took rides through the "Forests".

Later, with Jeep Soup now out of the barn.... He wants Rides in the Kabul Kab Service......

Name:	KIMG2429.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	960.6 KB
ID:	1303195

Then it was off to the "Splash Pad" and flying the Glider he got for his Birthday at the Park......

This Retirement/Grandpa thing is Working Out !!

Cleaning up the work bench,
    Here is one of the Starter Brushes.

Name:	Effect_20210815_151134.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	1303267

Comment

You could shave with that !

Comment

I'd say you got your money's worth out of those.

Dan

Comment

Working...
        X