Force Times Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force Times Two

Heartland Park Topeka: John Force AND daughter Brittany became the first father-daughter team to win at the same NHRA event on Sunday, August 15th.
    Force fanatics will be on cloud nine all week, I'm sure.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Great day of racing. Bruab was fantastic.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Pretty nice guy, but that Ford fetish....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I guess I should have watched it longer? Wife had it on for a little while, mostly because it's fun to listen to Brian. For a little while

Surprising it took this long, but good job, Forces!
        Last edited by squirrel; August 16, 2021, 07:08 AM.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Did they cover the double disqualification in Pro Stock on TV?
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            Did they cover the double disqualification in Pro Stock on TV?
            yes

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

yes
              The crowd wasn't happy with their nonsense.......Brian did an excellent job of explaining the rules concerning staging........and following the Starters directions. I think the correct outcome was reached. I don't see the need for drama in racing, but I'm probably old-fashioned. Evidently the car sponsors got a ton of air time, but I don't know if it was necessarily good imaging.
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; August 16, 2021, 09:11 AM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

The crowd wasn't happy with their nonsense.......Brian did an excellent job of explaining the rules concerning staging........and following the Starters directions. I think the correct outcome was reached. I don't see the need for drama in racing, but I'm probably old-fashioned. Evidently the car sponsors got a ton of air time, but I don't know if it was necessarily good imaging.
                so far, the only thing said is "we weren't changing from our game plan".... you know, for the guys out there racing to be racing every weekend - that's just fine. But people paid good money to watch two (allegedly) adults play childish games. I've always thought Bruno was fake - this keeps the needle firmly on that side of the meter.

Comment

Soooo, should JF been disqualified for double bulbing the Hulk at the Winter Nationals a couple weeks ago?

Comment

Soooo, should JF been disqualified for double bulbing the Hulk at the Winter Nationals a couple weeks ago?
                    Well, Hagan showed his true colors, and, in the process, poked the bear AND picked on a senior citizen.... thereby making himself look like a...
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

presuming I watch.... sorry, I dunno what you're talking about.

Comment

Might have been unintentional. If not, probably unsportsman-like, but I don't think the rules for staging specify when, or how deep it can be done...........I do think racers will screw with the opponent's head if they can.......and starting the staging time clock on the other driver would definitely do that.
                        The two in Topeka weren't disqualified for failure to stage. They were disqualified for failure to obey the Starter. And for what it's worth......he gave them 4 minutes to stage.
                        Last edited by oletrux4evr; August 16, 2021, 04:13 PM.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

So I need video of this pro stock burndown.
                          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

All the rules state is that you must pre-stage and then stage.... there is no rule that states that you have to keep both bulbs lit.... otherwise the timers would not even allow an official timing run! the timers only need the staged beam.... they start when the car leaves and the beam is reestablished!
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                              So I need video of this pro stock burndown.
                              Here ya go. About halfway down the page:

https://www.nhra.com/news/2021/menar...news-and-notes
                              Last edited by oletrux4evr; August 16, 2021, 06:48 PM.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                              X