Keith - smoking in HRM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith - smoking in HRM?

Keith - I thought I remembered you complaining about quiting smoking (might have been quiting Diet Cokes) on one of these forum boards, and then I saw a cig in you mouth in a pic from Drag Week in the last HR. Looking closer, it almost seems like it might have been drawn in as a joke. Did HR pull one on you or is my memory gone?
    Tampa, FL

Re: Keith - smoking in HRM?

That was legit.... I quit a month or so after that was taken... oct 10...

Pretty cool ... Said I was going to quit... and quit... like it was no big deal...

LOL.... NOT... freaking hardest thing I've done in a long time... but do-able.

Keith

Comment

So how many more cases of Diet Coke do you go through in a week? ;D

Quiting stuff is always tough. I find it easier to quit a bad habit by picking up a different bad habit.

Tampa, FL

Comment

But Tonya would tell you .... I already have that habit...

Diet coke consumption has gone down a bit... ( stuff tastes like poop since I can actually taste things again )

K

Comment

Diet coke is nasty!!! I tried to telll ya ;D

Comment

Keith why are you drinking diet anyways, it's not like you have a weight problem. ;)

Then what am I saying I probably drink just as much Coke.

And congrats on stopping smoking.

Comment

Congrats on kicking the smoking habit.

I don't drink unleaded anything, the real stuff has been around for years and I honestly trust it a bit more than the "imitation" sugar stuff they put in the unleaded. Then again I drink straight DrPepper almost without exception.
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I've almost always got a soda around somewhere... If you drink regular all day... or Coffee with Sugar all day... ( same thing only it doesn't come in a can ).... it will rot your teeth...

Diet coke won't...

K

Comment

I share Keith's diet Coke addiction, although I'm unleaded. Between diabetes and the heart problems, it's the only sin I'm allowed and they'd take that one from me if I let 'em. Decaffinated diet Coke is really OK, once you get used to it. Every once in a while I'll get a caffinated one (usually at a fast food joint), and it really doesn't taste as good to me. If some poor waitress slips me a regular pop, I let her have it and send her away feeling guilty ("I'm diabetic, you know" usually gets 'em). Besides, it tastes like Karo syrup to me now - too thick and sticky.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by purplecobra
                    Diet coke is nasty!!! I tried to telll ya ;D
                    Easy there Pauly some of us don't have a choice ;)

Keith major props for staying away from smoking

Comment

quitting definitely deserves massive congratulations - way to go.

kicking caffeine is the hardest thing I've done - I was smart this time - and quit drinking real coffee when I was recovering from surgery and already on serious pain meds..... no withdrawl headaches.

Now I try to drink decaf and water only - ice tea occasionally - for me, the carbonation and sugar in pop mess up my stomach.

amazingly - the carbonation in beer doesn't bother me as much .... ;D :
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Like DanStokes, I found out I was a diabetic about a year ago. Up until that point, I was a rabid Mt. Dew drinker. I hardly drink any soda now and when I do have one, it's not of the "unleaded" variaty. I can't stand the stuff. The only diet soda I remotely like is diet Dr. Pepper, provided it's ice cold. I mostly drink water with those little flavor packs, tea, or Kool-Aid mixed with Splenda. The doctor has been trying to get me to quit my smokeless tobacco habit, but I'm not ready to give it up yet.

Comment

Hi Keith
                          I was looking through Hot Rod at work this week , when I saw a pic of you and Tonya
                          I also saw the cigarette but read above when you had quit Congratulations, it is supposed to be
                          quite hard to quit( I never smoked)
                          I don't drink alcohol but I could not go on without coffee and my Diet coke
                          Tom
                          We have Tim Hortons up here, that is addictive and yes I am losing all my teeth

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                            But Tonya would tell you .... I already have that habit...

Diet coke consumption has gone down a bit... ( stuff tastes like poop since I can actually taste things again )

K
                            That's no lie but the good stuff taste some much better. been a qiutier for five years now myself.
                            HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Congrats Turk! I know how hard it is to give up tobbaco. My wife and I both quit 3 weeks ago (she smoked, I chewed). Hey sailor, my dentist started getting on my case, so after 30 yrs I am done. The cravings are getting weaker but the urge is still strong if that makes any sense. I should have more cash for car stuff now though!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X