Keith - smoking in HRM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keith - smoking in HRM?

They can have my coke classic when they pry it out of my cold dead hand. And about teeth , I'll just buy more and have them screwed in.Saw a clip on t.v. once where a guy did his own work W/out pain killers . Now theres a man .Or an idiot.

Comment

Congrats on quitting the stink sticks. :D
      You can't do it for someone else, you have to do for yourself to really quit. The next hardest temptation is not starting again when you get around a lot of people smoking at a party or gathering...

Originally posted by milner351
      Now I try to drink decaf and water only - ice tea occasionally - for me, the carbonation and sugar in pop mess up my stomach.

amazingly - the carbonation in beer doesn't bother me as much .... ;D :
      Beer has more natural carbonation + it doesn't have the acids in it that's in pop. That stuff messes with my stomach too. Beer is healthier. Mmmmm Beer...

Comment

Originally posted by 71SC/360
        Beer has more natural carbonation + it doesn't have the acids in it that's in pop. That stuff messes with my stomach too. Beer is healthier. Mmmmm Beer...
        I carbonate the stuff I make by upping the CO2 to about 60psi and then shake the keg violently for about 3-5 minutes. Doesn't sound like a long time, but it feels longer when you're manhandling 5gal of beer. Also doesn't seem like natural carbonation. Now I'm thinking about it, so I'm going to logoff and refill.

And congrats Keith - things that are worth it are never easy.
        Tampa, FL

Comment

[quote=71SC/360 ]
          Congrats on quitting the stink sticks. :D
          You can't do it for someone else, you have to do for yourself to really quit. The next hardest temptation is not starting again when you get around a lot of people smoking at a party or gathering...quote/]

After a little bit that stuff stinks so bad that you will not have no problem with it you will start stepping away from it my grilfriend still smokes I maker tske it out side ore in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on.

HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Keith, I gotta give it to ya! WAY TO GO! I've tried three or four times to quit and actually made it about three months once. Did go through a lot of candy and munchies at the time. Give up the diet cokes now. That stuff will poison you. It tastes like liquid metal or something to me. Leaves a bad aftertaste to me. Drink something good. Now take Dr. Pepper, 23 flavors and been around over a 100 years. Got to be doing something right. After a few kidney infections, upper plates and lower caps on the teeth, and an ulcer I can say Dr. Pepper hasn't hurt me a bit. ;D ;D

Comment

I'll quit smoking one day, but never stop the Pepsi.
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I quit a ton of stuff back getting out of my crazier days-- and cigarettes, that was one of the hardest-- going from 2 packs/day or more cold turkey was a nightmare for about 2 weeks, and then gradually got better. After about 5 years I let myself start having an occasional cigar- I have 3-4/month now socially, I won't be letting that get out of hand...

Congrats KT...
                Jerry Hoffmann a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
                http://www.DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Our mail and his wife both quite smoking at the same time when they realized that between the two of them, they were spending $800-$1,000 a month on cigarettes! They both were 4 pack a day smokers. Wish you the best of luck. While I don't smoke, most people that I know who did say the hard part comes months later.

Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Congrats MR Turk. Diet coke does taste like poop but its alot better with a little VO ;D

Comment

I'm not a smoker so I don't know what it's like trying to quit. But I have always been a fat pig and want a 100lbs weight loss. I've lost about 70lbs and have hit a brick wall. Although I haven't gained any back. Knock on wood.
                      I've been eating better but the late night snacks are still a killer.
                      Thinking about asking Roger Clemens where I can get some HGH. ;D

Comment

Stopping smoking is extremely hard and anyone who has done it gets my repect. I started smoking to quit dipping Copenhagen. And I've switched back and forth since. I love Copenhagen, but it's pretty well destroyed my mouth. I also love smoking, but my physical fitness has suffered. I guess I need to put my mind to it and quit sooner than later. I drink too much Dr. Pepper, but I can do without that if I have to. I also like beer and, as previously stated, that will be pryed out of my cold, dead hand. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by smallblockjay
                          Stopping smoking is extremely hard and anyone who has done it gets my repect. I started smoking to quit dipping Copenhagen. And I've switched back and forth since. I love Copenhagen, but it's pretty well destroyed my mouth. I also love smoking, but my physical fitness has suffered. I guess I need to put my mind to it and quit sooner than later. I drink too much Dr. Pepper, but I can do without that if I have to. I also like beer and, as previously stated, that will be pryed out of my cold, dead hand. 8)

Kieth, I'm proud of you for quitting somking, and sticking to it.
                          On the other hand, diet anything tastes like ass.
                          I smoke, and drink Mountain Dew.
                          I'm doomed.

Comment

Working...
                          X