Mississippi Mayhem 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississippi Mayhem 2021

I did think about posting this under EVENTS, but it seems few post there.

So Here's the Skinny......
    Attending Torque Fest, This Beautiful Girl in a "Pin Up's" Dress, is looking at the cars, and asked some questions about the Indy Racer, and mentioned seeing it on the Track Earlier.
    Then hands Me a Show Promotion Card (ya know, the 5x7 size) for the Mississippi Mayhem 2021 show. I mentioned that I just have retired, and Now have Time to go to this Show, and REALLY WANTED to go several years ago when "Fanny Freckles" was Going to Jump the River !!!!
    She Blushes Brite Red,....and Says "THAT'S ME !!!.....I'm Fanny Freckles !!
    Visits some more, had her Sign the Steamer Trunk, and She Then takes back the Show Promo Card, Signs It, and Says YOU NOW HAVE TO BRING YOUR CAR !
    This is YOUR personal invitation !!

So, I AM !!!
    Hope to see any of you Rusty Iron Junkie's from Western Wisconsin and Eastern Minnesota.

Arriving September 9th, Leaving The 12th.
    Have a Motel the next exit down in Onalaska.
    ​​​​​​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Fanny Freckles.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	1304062
    Last edited by Monster; August 22, 2021, 04:26 AM. Reason: Added picture of Fanny Freckles

Well, I had to look because it said Mississippi which is nearly in the same time zone as us. And then I thought, another post about a beautiful girl without a photo. But I looked, and...she says it's even okay to be a lawyer. That's really something there. She's in the top link next to "Info."
    Last edited by pdub; August 21, 2021, 11:06 AM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Crap I thought it was something I had missed somehow and was getting ramped up. Okay Wisconsin and the Mississippi River, I'm deflated. Sounds like a great time, I'll have to keep that one near the front of the line.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
        Attending Torque Fest, This Beautiful Girl in a "Pin Up's" Dress, is looking at the cars, and asked some questions about the Indy Racer, and mentioned seeing it on the Track Earlier.
        Then hands Me a Show Promotion Card (ya know, the 5x7 size) for the Mississippi Mayhem 2021 show. I mentioned that I just have retired, and Now have Time to go to this Show, and REALLY WANTED to go several years ago when "Fanny Freckles" was Going to Jump the River !!!!
        She Blushes Brite Red,....and Says "THAT'S ME !!!.....I'm Fanny Freckles !!
        Visits some more, had her Sign the Steamer Trunk, and She Then takes back the Show Promo Card, Signs It, and Says YOU NOW HAVE TO BRING YOUR CAR
        This is YOUR personal invitation !!
        What is wrong with this guy ?
        He takes pics all day long of rusty junk, but won't take pics of pretty girls that want to have their picture taken.
        I mean, I wasn't even there and I got a pic of Fanny Freckles !

I got your back this time Cap'n, but lets get with the program eh?

Mississippi Mayhem promotional pic with Fanny

Name:	Mississippi Mayhem.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	1304061

Comment

Thanks for bailing me out,
          AND covering my Ass,
          Mostly,
          If I post Something Here,
          I'm telling the Truth !!
          My Fault is I'm a People Person,
          want to HEAR Their Story, and
          forget that "No Pix, Didn't Happen"
          and it doesn't enter my mind to pull my
          phone and photo shoot these people.
          To help with this, I bought a digital camera
          just before the Concours d'Lemons trip.
          NEW problem, Now I have to walk around like a Japanese Tourists with a big camera

Comment

NEW problem, Now I have to walk around like a Japanese Tourists with a big camera
            Trade it in. They gave me one of these to use at work and I liked it so much I bought one of my own to have at home. Not recommending a brand, just sayin a camera (and a great one for point and shoot) doesn't have to be large. If you see me posting a photo I took it with this one.

Name:	Lumix.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1304068
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

A little disappointing News......
              There is to be a Valve Cover Race Saturday 10:00am. I have booked a Suite Room so My Grandson Ryker and Family could be there for the Show.
              Well Ryker just turned 4, and it wasn't even on my Radar in late Spring that they NOW Have "4 year old Kindergarten" for kids !!
              Hell half of my Kindergarten class was Six year olds...

So I have been informed that Ryker CAN NOT Play "Hooky" 2 days of his First Week of School to go to a Car Show with Grandpa, and it is a 3 hour drive one way for them to get there. Making it not practical to Come up Saturday morning as all would have to be up before 5:00 am. People of Children will understand, by 10:00 am, both Ryker and his parents, will be let's say, over tired and of little patience.....for a Whole Day of a Car Show.

Good News, This Over Grown Juvenile Delinquent will still be there !!!
              (Crap, he's going to have 14 more years of schooling before getting out of High School !!! What's a Couple of FUN Days at a Car Show and He Gets to RACE his Car)

Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG2233.jpg Views:	0 Size:	709.8 KB ID:	1304323
              Last edited by Captain; August 24, 2021, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Bummer. I'd prefer to have my kids hang with Grandpa over playing in a sandbox at school (OK, maybe learning the alphabet). The sand box and alphabet will be there long into the future but us Grandparents wear out.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Bummer. I'd prefer to have my kids hang with Grandpa over playing in a sandbox at school (OK, maybe learning the alphabet). The sand box and alphabet will be there long into the future but us Grandparents wear out.

Dan
                  this, right here. plus i can guarantee that WHATEVER it is he "learns"
                  at school that day wont make a lick of difference in his life, but what
                  grandpa does with him will.

sorry you got stiffed, i hate it when life gets in the way.

Comment

I have been informed that Ryker CAN NOT play "hooky" 2 days of his first week of school to go to a car show with Grandpa,
                    This just pisses me off to no end. Sounds like a mandate from Ryker's mom and if this is the case, my opinion of her is in the dump with the rest of the garbage. As 'fatguy' said; missing two days of (expletive deleted) Pre-kindergarten, will probably be better for him than attending anyhow.

Comment

Sooo, in 30 years will it still be OK for him to miss two days of work to go play with his mistress?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                        Sooo, in 30 years will it still be OK for him to miss two days of work to go play with his mistress?
                        As long as boss doesn’t find out
                        Spouse always does

Comment

I have time to Educate him on,
                          Honey........Why is THERE GLITTER ON YOUR NOSE ?!!!! Parts of Manly Life a little later in the Program.......
                          At 4....girls are only interesting if they can hit a baseball !

Comment

Show Review......

This is the First Time for me attending this event. In follow up emails from my online entry, Each Show Has a Different Theme.
                            This year's theme was Party like Its 1859 !
                            So, scrounging thru my Halloween and Steampunk Stuff, I came prepared.

Name:	KIMG2443.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1306061Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2449.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	1306062

And this is WAY More than a Average Car Show....A good Smaller Swap Meet Section, and a Flea Market Area separate from each other....with Oddities Such as a Barber Shop, and ????

Name:	KIMG2442.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	1306063

And Found some Treasures at each !! Like era correct, and still loaded 12ga Full Brass Trench Shotgun Shells in a Jewellery Display Case..... And a Double Side Metal Sign for my Shop.....
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

They let you walk around with a revolver in a belt holster ?

Comment

Working...
                              X