Project overload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project overload?

Okay gentlemen, drag your knuckles on in and give tips for resolving this situation.

You have 2 big 'family' projects. 1) Wife's Jeep which has been redone 3x and is started in its 4th (far more ambitious) 'fix' project should take a month or so, 2) you have deck fencing to build so that you can sell the house and maximize profit.

Wife is pushing to get project 1 done, hinting about project 2, and suggesting a 3rd project "for me" (dog pictures... I know, I know, I mention the need for dog pictures ALL THE DAMN time, but just hear me out)....

Do I buy a new project? do I tell the wife? as it's red and 4x4 shaped, it's kind of hard to hide for any length of time (though she didn't notice PF2 for 6 months - so there is that).... Is this why guys get mistresses (lord knows I need one of those like I need dog pictures) - so they can hide their projects at their house? I need to know ... HELP!
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

you should buy 3 more projects right now....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

New project acquisition? Answer is "Of course"......like there is any doubt, by the time it gets mentioned on Bangshift it has likely already developed a plan of action in the mind, yes?

Tell wife? Also "Of course"....but there are many stages of depth that can be defined as telling. Say you just happen to chose a time when she is perhaps not really listening to you?

Dirt. Dirt goes a long ways to making Red 4x4's much less Red and much less noticable. Strategic positioning can also benefit this delayed noticing. Our end goal here is "that old thing? Been there for years....." and change topic. I know you don't have tons of indoor space, but stacks of junk and old dusty boxes help lots too. Maybe an outdoor storage version - like pine needles, or some light branches?

You will come up with something, I have faith.

Edit: And I am with Jim ^ on this too. Buy four projects, wait for noticification, volunteer to sell all three, mission accomplished.
      Last edited by STINEY; September 1, 2021, 10:47 AM.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I always plan to get rid of something I already have . And say so . But to my credit or detriment, the S10 came in . The 'burb came in . The white vette came in . The grey acura has transferred from her the me after she wreaked it and got a $31000 replacement acura for a $9600 car . The white vette sold to oldest son for a 50 % lose . Aah , sounds fair . And I still have the blue vette . But I've never hinted it was leaving .
        edit : Do the deck to maximize profit on the house . I think that will by you some grace . My wife pressure washed the deck and bought 4 gallons of stain . Maybe I should put that on this weekend.
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; September 1, 2021, 11:58 AM.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

In a word: subcontract. There are lots of guys who can swing a hammer and cut a board. Let them do their job so you can do the car stuff.

Dan

Comment

I spent December through June dealing with houses, didn't do a damn thing with cars...except sell a couple.

My deck was only 8x12 ft, but I think fixing it added to the value of the house we sold. We got more for it than I expected, by quite a bit.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Get a pump sprayer, fill with oil/water mix. Drive on gravel road thus making red into brown. When it rains, said red will be tucked trackless somewhere safe

Comment

Hide it in Plain Sight !!
                As mentioned on another Thread,
                It's (insert here a Rusty Iron Junkie Friend that She Doesn't know other than by name)
                Red 4x4.
                He's getting the parts to get it running, and "We are going to do it here"
                Now, as you get parts for it, put them inside it, don't work on it yet......
                Then when the opportunity of a Open Stall in Your Shop, (hopefully 6-8 weeks later at least) Now you drop the, "I had to Help Out (insert this mystery Rusty Iron Junkie Friend), I had to buy it off him cheap, (make up anything, depending on the severity of her doubtfulness, including his death),
                LOOK At All the New Parts that Came with it, Honey !!!

Your an Attorney.....
                You Know, if you say it in the "3rd Person",
                It's not Really Lying......

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                  Hide it in Plain Sight !!
                  As mentioned on another Thread,
                  It's (insert here a Rusty Iron Junkie Friend that She Doesn't know other than by name)
                  Red 4x4.
                  He's getting the parts to get it running, and "We are going to do it here"
                  Now, as you get parts for it, put them inside it, don't work on it yet......
                  Then when the opportunity of a Open Stall in Your Shop, (hopefully 6-8 weeks later at least) Now you drop the, "I had to Help Out (insert this mystery Rusty Iron Junkie Friend), I had to buy it off him cheap, (make up anything, depending on the severity of her doubtfulness, including his death),
                  LOOK At All the New Parts that Came with it, Honey !!!

Your an Attorney.....
                  You Know, if you say it in the "3rd Person",
                  It's not Really Lying......
                  How many times does that work? What is the waiting period between? LOL!
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

I knew someone would like this idea,
                    or bold enough to try it.......LOL

Comment

...Click image for larger version

Name:	project car, new.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1305672

Comment

Comment

It's humorous, a favorite of mine, found on the 'net and meant to be relatable to people who while committed to a project (or projects) that should be satisfactory enough still find themselves inclined to start questionable new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                            It's humorous, a favorite of mine, found on the 'net and meant to be relatable to people who while committed to a project (or projects) that should be satisfactory enough still find themselves inclined to start questionable new ones.
                            Not exactly sure what happened there. Thought I was responding with a laugh, because it was funny. Anyhow, fixed it.
                            Very glad to see you back !

Comment

Working...
                            X