Garage messy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage messy?

I was just thinking about my garage. In particular just how much of a mess it is, and if others have the same affliction. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1186.JPG
Views:	485
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	1305971Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1188.JPG
Views:	488
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1305972 It was relatively clean in these 2 pictures. They were taken last spring. I'm not going to show a picture of the shed. It's stuffed to the gills. Lately I've thought about getting another shed just for bulk storage.

This started me thinking that maybe I should clear some of the stuff out. But that sounds like work. Anybody else want to admit to this affliction? We could start a support group and sing cum by ah, well that's how I spell it.

So fess up, post pics up for all to see and let's ruminate over a name for the support group.

mess, you say.

I'm getting pretty creative at implying there is space to work with my pictures when there really isn't.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I don't lock any of the Doors !
      Any UNKNOWING Individuals that opens a wrong door, will be found under a pile the next morning....
      or if they enter the only usable door, there is a Mine Field of Parts, metal pieces with Sharp Snaggy Edges, Extention Cords, and Air Hoses to Maime Them, all the way to any lights switch. Then we can follow the Blood Trail to where they are......or notifying any local hospital, They are On Their Way...

Comment

So now I understand! Home security system! I never thought of it that way. You two are brilliant! And I am envious of the lift. Although if I had one, I'd probably never get to use it. It would always have 1 on and 1 under.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
          So now I understand! Home security system! I never thought of it that way. You two are brilliant! And I am envious of the lift. Although if I had one, I'd probably never get to use it. It would always have 1 on and 1 under.
          We have an coveralls clad dummy with a Halloween mask for a head. Kids can hear the squeals when trespassers find “Roy”.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1076.JPG
Views:	469
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	1306024 I suppose Bones could help out with security. Altho he seems to be happy in the basement...

Comment

amateurs.... now THATS a mess.

Name:	53threequarter.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1306096

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                amateurs.... now THATS a mess.

Name:	53threequarter.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1306096
                I like it! The truck that is. What year hay binder? And what is the engine?

Comment

I like it! The truck that is. What year hay binder? And what is the engine?
                  53 R100, 500 cad. unfortunately long gone, sold
                  to buy paz engagement ring. i know, i know.
                  im a dumb@ss. oh well...............

Comment

lol.... I did this in less then 10 years

Comment

stacking metal in the middle of the path adds even more danger
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 13, 2021, 10:43 PM.

Comment

still life... the added danger is there's a couple thousand pounds of motors and transmissions above you.

this isn't the outside stuff... but it informs why I'm reluctant to move
                        just one of 3 sheds

The worst part of Covid is there are no swap meets where I can unload "I'll never use" treasures.... parts are slow movers - I used to use ebay to rid myself of this stuff, but their guarantees made selling 1/2 life parts too risky... (1/2 life, means they work but they're not new)
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 13, 2021, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          still life... the added danger is there's a couple thousand pounds of motors and transmissions above you.

this isn't the outside stuff... but it informs why I'm reluctant to move
                          just one of 3 sheds

The worst part of Covid is there are no swap meets where I can unload "I'll never use" treasures.... parts are slow movers - I used to use ebay to rid myself of this stuff, but their guarantees made selling 1/2 life parts too risky... (1/2 life, means they work but they're not new)
                          Pondering keeping or getting rid of my anteek valve grinder. Belt is a leather affair
                          probably should keep it as I have a pair of camel humps to refresh.... where to set it up at...

Comment

I'm feeling much better now. It's a relief knowing that I'm not the only one with the affliction.

Comment

I'm feeling much better now. It's a relief knowing that I'm not the only one with the affliction.
                              for better of worse, you're one of us.

Comment

Working...
                              X