No announcement yet.

Garage messy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About every other year or so I go thru my shop and throw stuff out, make shelves and hangers for stuff, etc. and the shop looks great - for about a month. Oh, well.......

Dan

Comment

Don't believe Dan when he says that it stays somewhat clean for a month. A week maybe. 2 weeks, pushing it. A month, not a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
        Don't believe Dan when he says that it stays somewhat clean for a month. A week maybe. 2 weeks, pushing it. A month, not a chance!
        with Dan, look and nod try not to let it sink in. It's best that way... well... it's pretty much the same for all of us....

I'm blaming Covid for my shop mess - if we had swap meets, I would have sold stuff.... just like I never did before Covid. I did talk about it a lot, though, so that counts for sure. Of course, Stiney is my hero - but I don't have enough barns to even start to be him.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I feel like such a slacker! I only have the garage and the 12x20 shed. I've only got a few parts in the basement, a Schroeder steering box, a set of 37-40 Ford spindles, a set of Hilborns and 2 Vertex magnetos. And only a small display of pump oil cans and other oddball stuff. It fits in a travel trunk with room to spare. Which is why the garage groans at the seams. I'm thinking that just the few of us who have responded to this thread are manly men that can admit to this affliction.

Just like Red Green said, I'm a man and I can change I suppose if I have to!

Comment

Just like Red Green said, I'm a man and I can change I suppose if I have to!
            I told my wife I could change, but then what would she have to talk about?

Comment

I'm thinking that just the few of us who have responded to this thread are manly men that can admit to this affliction.
              I haven't responded because I'm not manly enough to have such a manly mess. That, and we only have a two car garage as a part of the house and I'm adamant that we'll always park two cars in it.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

I haven't responded because I'm not manly enough to have such a manly mess. That, and we only have a two car garage as a part of the house and I'm adamant that we'll always park two cars in it.
                Car port works for parking.
                Until you add sides and a back wall then add junk.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Garden Sheds can also work in a pinch

Comment

My next door neighbor has 4 sheds/outbuildings and 2 of those temporary sheds, both pretty good size. And one of his tractors and his rototiller reside in my shed. Oh and his 100+ pound anvil is in my garage, waiting for me to repair it and make a new base for it. We get along just fine...

He's the one that before last Christmas I raided his stashes and turned an old iron day bed into a sleigh for their granddaughters. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1081.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	731.0 KB
ID:	1306255 This year we have to make reindeer. And get the thing up on his rooftop. And get the tractor running to move snow out of the end of our driveways...

Comment

Oh and his 100+ pound anvil is in my garage, waiting for me to repair it
                      Okay, there it is. A lifelong mystery finally solved. So it IS possible to break an anvil. I always thought so, or at least I worked with a few people who I thought could do it if they had been required to work with one.
                      Last edited by pdub; September 15, 2021, 04:01 PM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Ever since 8th grade metal shop I've remembered why the teacher always said "don't pound the hammer on the anvil without metal in-between" -- Jimmy Hamel learned the hard way. With a small chunk of said anvil in his thigh needing to come out.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'm as Bad as a Absent Minded Mad Scientist !!
                          At All Times I have 2-3 Full Size projects in the shop, plus what I call "Sidebar Projects" piled up in the corners .......
                          Here's the West Stall, Parts from a Sammy getting it's 5 year rust abatement treatment, in that pile is a un-assembled Ford 390 V8 and a Rebuild C6 for a 66 F100 that comes in next, and some various parts from the Marrakesh Express project that got buried before being put away in the Blue Barn....
                          AND Surprise Finds that I bought and Alzheimer's forgot about.... Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2471.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	794.0 KB
ID:	1306290Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2469.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	813.4 KB
ID:	1306291Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2465.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	781.0 KB
ID:	1306292Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2467.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1306293

Now this will Repeat again, when we get the Sammy done, Clean everything up, and pull the 66 F100 in.....
                          so a clean stall may last a week....

Comment

I got all y’all beat. Between the stuff that was left there when we bought the place and all my crap, I’ve been picking away at it on and off for two months. I can finally walk through 1/3 of it and know where a small portion of things are.

the day we closed on the house, only a couple small things in there are mine at this point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6A76E142-7D65-4C0B-A642-12A08752B590.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	958.4 KB
ID:	1306306

Hey! I found the floor! Now I can throw my crap in there!

Name:	142D4507-96A1-493B-8037-3A217E4B7A16.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1306307

Current state:

Name:	FDE072F3-C5C8-4312-8436-8E46D72670FB.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1306308
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Name:	A545ED7A-9919-43A6-8B26-6B0875378842.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	963.5 KB
ID:	1306313Click image for larger version

Name:	C8EB964E-9075-4CB5-960C-C450E339295B.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	948.5 KB
ID:	1306312Click image for larger version

Name:	08178697-E1AC-4540-BCB7-C0C493A51B10.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	942.7 KB
ID:	1306311
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                                I'm as Bad as a Absent Minded Mad Scientist !!
                                At All Times I have 2-3 Full Size projects in the shop, plus what I call "Sidebar Projects" piled up in the corners .......
                                Here's the West Stall, Parts from a Sammy getting it's 5 year rust abatement treatment, in that pile is a un-assembled Ford 390 V8 and a Rebuild C6 for a 66 F100 that comes in next, and some various parts from the Marrakesh Express project that got buried before being put away in the Blue Barn....
                                AND Surprise Finds that I bought and Alzheimer's forgot about.... Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2471.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	794.0 KB
ID:	1306290Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2469.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	813.4 KB
ID:	1306291Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2465.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	781.0 KB
ID:	1306292Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2467.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1306293

Now this will Repeat again, when we get the Sammy done, Clean everything up, and pull the 66 F100 in.....
                                so a clean stall may last a week....
                                that's impressive, but Beagle still is the reining champ... awhile back he was arguing with himself about the car that was buried in his garage - he wasn't sure what it was....

Comment

Working...
                                X