No announcement yet.

Garage messy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was my attached garage before I cleaned it out and painted everything and hung up signs... it still somehow gets this way every now and again.
    Attached Files
    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

My current project is my 28x52 shop build. It's a lot worse than this now, construction stuff and tools/parts everywhere... but I'm starting to make real progress. The last big hurdle is the staircase to the 10x52' storage area above. That's where I'm going to hide everything

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

that's impressive, but Beagle still is the reining champ... awhile back he was arguing with himself about the car that was buried in his garage - he wasn't sure what it was....
        i know when I’ve been beat. All hail King Beagle!
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Do I at least get extra points for having a 2 car garage plus a 1 car attached garage and have yet to be able to fit a car in either one?
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'm so embarrassed! My garage doesn't even rate on a scale of 1 to 10. And you guys have turned it up to 11!

Comment

Yer an amateur! I can still walk thru mine and get 2-3 4-whheled vehicles in so I'm also in the amateur ranks. The mezzanine helps, though.

Dan

Comment

Rolling Rock? Really?
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
                  My current project is my 28x52 shop build. It's a lot worse than this now, construction stuff and tools/parts everywhere... but I'm starting to make real progress. The last big hurdle is the staircase to the 10x52' storage area above. That's where I'm going to hide everything
                  One of my neighbors who is a good friend has a shop like that with the upper room... brilliance.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

One of my neighbors who is a good friend has a shop like that with the upper room... brilliance.
                    Young fellers can do that. Add about 20 years and if you can still pick up a box of parts, that set of stairs will look like Mount Everest. Might as well go ahead and make a place in the trusses for an electric winch so you can saw out a freight elevator in the "floor" upstairs. what is that saying about youthful exuberence versus seasoned trickery?
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I'd like to think so! After the stair case it will be more like 10'x48'. The ceiling height is 6', (I'm 5'-8") I kept the ceiling low to keep the roof flatter so I wouldn't fall off sheeting it...

My plan is to put sheeting up along the short wall (it's about 4' high) and build 2' wide shelving down the whole length of each wall and leave the middle open for bigger stuff.

I'm 40, so I hope I have a good 20-25 years of not being afraid of stairs.

Believe it or not, I had a contractor do the earthwork and concrete.... I've done everything else. I built and raised the walls by myself. I hired a crane and some friends came over to set the trusses. I did all the sheeting. I did hire hire out the shingling and electrical (my permit required a licensed electrician) and I've done the siding, accent roofs, and soffit and trim. I will also do all the inside finishes. The last thing I'll hire out will be the door installation.

I'm well into year 2, we broke ground mid July 2019. I really can't wait for it to be done....

Click image for larger version  Name:	172870693_152205656828903_7927966619800050821_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.9 KB ID:	1306360Click image for larger version  Name:	234370156_1260869961037758_7947232408465556552_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.4 KB ID:	1306361
                      Last edited by Jesse James 80; September 17, 2021, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                        Rolling Rock? Really?
                        ROLLING ROCK is not my First Choice,
                        but when a Rusty Iron Junkie Friend brings beer, (Which is a CELEBRATION in it's Self, as they usually drink my beer fridge dry !!),
                        Free Beer is FREE BEER !!

I'm recently a Disheartened Leinies Original Longneck drinker. I'm upset that since 1867 the labels had the Indian Princess of the local Native Tribe on them.......
                        BUT Corporate Miller had them remove her to be "Politically Correct" in this New Era of everybody forget who your ancestors were....
                        The Local Indian Tribe/Nation Even took out Add Space to say THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REMOVING of the Indian Princess !!

Sorry, I'm not to Bring Politics or Religion to this site.........

BUT, Stop Over, BRING BEER, we Talk Rusty Iron, Pretty Girls, and the High Cost of NON ETHANOL GAS here !!

Comment

Well, I'm doing my part. I have new tooling on its way, and today I'm picking up the transmission for the Whatever project. And I'll be ordering materials for the Whatever project and the trailer Monday. And I have a 25 percent off any purchase at Harbor Fright, got to use it for something...

Maybe it'll get me up to a 2 on the 1 to 10 scale mentioned above

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                            Ever since 8th grade metal shop I've remembered why the teacher always said "don't pound the hammer on the anvil without metal in-between" -- Jimmy Hamel learned the hard way. With a small chunk of said anvil in his thigh needing to come out.
                            We cut down torsion bars and put a point on them, perfect size for the all-thread to chain the hoods/trunks shut. Holding one while thr kid stood on the hood with the sledge, chunk hit my lip. Went to Emergency room, Dumbass tech “I can’t see anything “
                            me, pulls out a hard drive magnet and sticks to lip. 3 stitches and 1/2 ‘stache later, back at the all-nighter.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
                              Well, I'm doing my part. I have new tooling on its way, and today I'm picking up the transmission for the Whatever project. And I'll be ordering materials for the Whatever project and the trailer Monday. And I have a 25 percent off any purchase at Harbor Fright, got to use it for something...

Maybe it'll get me up to a 2 on the 1 to 10 scale mentioned above
                              ah yes, life goals.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I actually did this to myself.

In less than 6 months. With junk I already had.

There is no cure.

Last edited by STINEY; May 25, 2022, 01:21 PM.
                                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X