Closes to me would be 46Austin...
    then Superbuick.
    46 mAustin is at least 90 miles and Superbuick is 2-3 hunnert

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Closes to me would be 46Austin...
      then Superbuick.
      46 mAustin is at least 90 miles and Superbuick is 2-3 hunnert
      Okay so I'm just throwing stuff at the HAMB wall and seeing what sticks! Let's see if anyone else has an idea or two? Cus I need new stuff in my garage, and this way I get old stuff out at the same time . Win-Win . Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Foul !!! That would infer that said sponsor has already pre-rummaged and sorted and arranged piles and that would in every way resemble setting at least some percentage of the area in order, which totally defeats the purpose of having a glorious jumble of whatever.
        This IDEA IS HILARIOUS FUN !!
        But in my Shop, the draw back is,
        you Can't expand the current floor space,
        SO its like my Desk.....it Becomes a "VERTICAL" storage system !!
        And I Always have 3 or more Projects going on at the same time.....
        ​​​​​Past Projects Parts are Somehow Buried or Mingled with Current Project Parts and you look for parts by How Far Down in the Pile Are They, Sometimes by Size...

So if the Host has Courteously Picked Out Parts that "Mad Money" bought for a Project in Production, I think this is only Fair.

And I know my Lazy Azz Knowing that the Guests are going to Brave Battle for What I Have Left on the Floor, Ain't picking up anything, other than current Project Items,
        And if something does appear out of the RUMBLE, that I Needed, it would be only Fair that I Bid in with the Others.....
        Last edited by Captain; October 3, 2021, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post

​​​​​Past Projects Parts are Somehow Buried or Mingled with Current Project Parts and you look for parts by How Far Down in the Pile Are They, Sometimes by Size...

So if the Host has Courteously Picked Out Parts that "Mad Money" bought for a Project in Production, I think this is only Fair.

And I know my Lazy Azz Knowing that the Guests are going to Brave Battle for What I Have Left on the Floor, Ain't picking up anything, other than current Project Items,
          And if something does appear out of the RUMBLE, that I Needed, it would be only Fair that I Bid in with the Others.....
          I'm feeling it! More ground rules... Oh well being a former government employee (I didn't lie and write worker...), I am used to the rules changing on a daily basis, and sometimes even by the hour.

So someone smarter than I needs to finish fleshing out the idea. Or at least we can all tell our significant other that we're working on the clutter

Comment

Well that perfectly answers another issue I could foresee. Participant roots into the pile and comes out with, "WOW, this is going home with me." Sponsor says, "Wait - I didn't even know I had that. Now that I've seen it I need to keep that." With your solution the sponsor of course makes the highest bid and pays himself and keeps the part and the pile remains the same.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Well that perfectly answers another issue I could foresee. Participant roots into the pile and comes out with, "WOW, this is going home with me." Sponsor says, "Wait - I didn't even know I had that. Now that I've seen it I need to keep that." With your solution the sponsor of course makes the highest bid and pays himself and keeps the part and the pile remains the same.
              Well it was just a thought exercise... maybe we'll never have a working algorithm for it

Comment

This does bring up a Conundrum.......
                So, My suggestion is, if the Host Joins in the Bidding for a "Discovered" piece.....
                All of his Bidding Money goes to a Charity in his locality, in the Name of BangShift, say a Library, or Community Center......
                So, It will be a Moderate Learning Experience (expense) to the Host, and keep the Playing Field Level for all......

Comment

This does bring up a Conundrum.......
                  So, My suggestion is, if the Host Joins in the Bidding for a "Discovered" piece.....
                  All of his Bidding Money goes to a Charity in his locality, in the Name of BangShift, say a Library, or Community Center......
                  So, It will be a Moderate Learning Experience (expense) to the Host, and keep the Playing Field Level for all......
                  That's a great idea!

Comment

I've decided that when I move (whenever that will be), I'll put everything back in order. Until then, Amazon Prime baby.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

im in.... so, whos paying the shipping? im only 3500 miles away
                      on a rock in the middle of the pacific ocean, that 455 pontiac
                      block cant be more than maybe $1500 to ship to west coast
                      san diego.....................

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                        I've already sent scrap to Hawaii.... I'm good, but if you need more....
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Yesterday they surprised me with a full refund from September of 2016. $48 to the slush fund!

I need to keep cleaning......
                          When we built the shed that tried to kill me last year we got the "kit" it came with a bunch of nails. I don't like to hammer we have nail guns. Once it was finished we had alot of unopened nails. There other day I took them back, handed the man at the counter the receipt. He returned my money no questions asked.

My guess with the shortages of everything and price increases. He can sell them for more than the refund and keeps a customer happy.

I bet stores will take back stuff now they would not before.

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                            Another Conundrum.......
                            Another RULE COMMITTEE recommendation........
                            I HATE ONLINE, or PHONE Bid In aloud at Live Auctions !!!! You don't see this (Fictitious?) person...... And Auctioneers will "Only Lie If It Benefits Themselves!"

SO, this should be like the old Farm Auctions......
                            It will be a "In Person" or your "In Person Agent" Registered Before with a Bidding Number (Wisconsin required this to track Auctioneers of "Seeding" the crowd with their people pushing bids up)

Now I DON'T think we need to hire SBG to get legalities involved....
                            This is to be a FUN Spirited event, (by Spirited, I mean the Host provides the Beer)
                            Dave intended this to be a Motor Head Fun Reason to get together.....Ok, so you bring a trailer....or Make Your Own Plans of getting your Treasures Home.

AND it is Limited to In Person or Your Rusty Iron Junkie Agent, Event.
                            NO Pre Event pictures, maybe a Brief 75 words or less description of your STUFF,
                            So it is a True Treasure Hunt

Videos and Pictures I'm sure will be Posted after......LOL

Comment

Too Boil Down the Above Post.

This is a FUN event

Participants Are Limited to Rusty Iron Junkies known to the Host (to keep party crashers/resellers out)

All Transactions are IN Paper and Silver of US FUNDS, No Plastic, Bit Coins, etc
                              (Our Canadian Friends are still invited, just exchange your "Loonies", or Eruo's, for our Aussie Friends at the border)

Your Layover, transportation to and from, and shipping are at your own expense.

Bringing Your Stuff to Add to the Host's Pile is Prohibited, prearranged ferrying of Parts to exchange to another participant will be allowed.

Simple, eh?

Comment

Some of you old timers may recognize that I've been rather scarce on these forums the last few years.
                                The largest reason for that is that the real estate market finally recovered enough from the crash of 2008 that the rental property where my shop has been since 2002 - where the falcon and countless other projects were worked on - and untold tons of parts where accumulated..... it made sense to fix it up and sell.

Since there seem to be no more reasonable priced reasonably skilled and somewhat reliable contractors left to hire around here - I ended up doing the lion's share of the home renovations myself - complete remodel of the basement bathroom (for $3500 a contractor did the shower, but I ended up redoing most of his ceiling drywall work) I painted the basement ceiling and floors, had the hardwood floors refinished - repainted the kitchen cabinets, new flooring in the kitchen, upstairs bath, and stairs to the basement, lots of painting throughout the house. New kitchen sink, faucet, dishwasher, cut a cabinet down and mounted a microwave under it after moving the 220 electric to relocate the stove to a wall that didn't have a pocket door behind it...... you get the idea.

outside I pressure washed the place, did some painting and cleaned out the garage and yard.

The pole barn is quite likely the cheapest built unit I've ever seen -- according to the neighbor it was constructed in a weekend - while they were out of town, and it was clearly in violation of setback rules - but somehow it got grandfathered. 30x50x12 wickes lumber yard building with the trusses 10ft on center.

It took months to clear the place out a pick up load at a time - many loads to scrap, many loads to the dump...

So - for the first time in nearly 20 years, I have all my stuff at one address - and the number of duplicates has been shocking - and I'm still finding more.
                                The "new" shop is 30x40x9 with a 28x36x12 added on - and through an interesting turn of events (too long for even my longwindedself to type) I have two two post hoists in the addition, and there's a 4 post mobile drive on hoist sitting on the approach waiting for me to get the 9ft side cleaned out enough to stack two cars in there for the winter.

I built a loft 28ft wide 10ft deep with 7ft ceiling height under it. I built several 2ft x 8ft shelves that are arranged like library shelves - with about 3ft between rows of shelves.... So far I've got the storage loft about 75% full and somewhat organized by vehicle project, or by engine/powertrain type. I have more SBF distributors and intakes than I remembered, and several more carburetors than I remembered.
                                I'm going to try to consolidate into three toolboxes and sell one that doesn't have roller slides.
                                I got a bunch of 2 drawer 3ft wide legal size filing cabinets I've put along one wall that I hope to use to store larger stuff - like circular saws, routers, tile saws, sawzall, paint guns, etc. to keep them accessible but hidden and protected from sawdust grinding dust welding spatter paint overspray, etc.

I have two different sets of pallet racks - already rapidly being filled, but again - trying to somewhat organize their contents by shelf at least. I have one shelf almost full of iron cylinder heads.

After all that - yup - it's a sickness - but - I'm bound and determined to get the inside of the shop finished and not purchase any materials I don't absolutely have to. The theme is "leftovers garage" Many shelves have been built with countertops I removed during remodels. The interior walls are covered with osb left over from the gable end of the shop addition I didn't want or need or pay for, but the lumber yard delivered anyway. Under the storage loft the walls are being lined with white corrugated metal that I had purchased years ago and didn't use in the old barn. All the light fixtures I've converted to LED tubes - most of which I bought as office building take outs by the pallet load.

Lot's still to do - but for now - it's mostly functional - I still have to run compressed air plumbing and a few more electrical circuits - I have to get the white metal on the walls first before I can run the conduit and unistrut to hang the compressed air lines from.

ONE PIECE AT A TIME
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X