No announcement yet.

Garage messy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR time? Oh, yer takin' a nap.....

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      NASCAR time? Oh, yer takin' a nap.....

Dan
      Only for the 1st and 2nd segments of the race. Once they get to the real race, I wake up.

And that's what I did!
      Last edited by dave.g.in.gansevoort; October 17, 2021, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Made more garage clear out progress - I was saving a bunch of parts for the falcon - that has found a new home -that cleared out a mid-size SUV cargo area worth of stuff, lots of exterior trim, tail lights, glove box door, Mark8 back seat, kilduff shifter sheet metal console, door panels, etc, etc etc
        So
        I have a couple empty shelves, for a few days anyway.

I got the rest of the white corrugated metal on the walls, got the last windows trimmed, and the wood around all windows primed, should be able to paint over the primer tonight, maybe two coats on the sills, and call that done.

Then I can move on to running electrical conduit, compressed air lines, etc.
        one
        piece
        at
        a
        time
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• All this work is making me tired. Time for a nap.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            All this work is making me tired. Time for a nap.
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Just remember that making some clear space leads to acquiring parts, tools, materials, to fill the void. It's like nature abhors a vacuum, a garage abhors an empty space...and that happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
                Just remember that making some clear space leads to acquiring parts, tools, materials, to fill the void. It's like nature abhors a vacuum, a garage abhors an empty space...and that happens.
                That's true. Leaves fight to get in there.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Only for the 1st and 2nd segments of the race. Once they get to the real race, I wake up.

And that's what I did!
                  was that when they started turning right, too?
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Between life and baseball practices, I got the first coat of white paint on the window surrounds and sills.... not much progress, but I keep telling myself, each little step is one step closer to working on cars IN the building, instead of working ON the building.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Baby Steps......
                      Working on the 66 F100's engine and
                      With the unseasonably warm weather, painted all the front clip parts and doors OUTSIDE yesterday. Big Time Saver, not having to put up the Cheesy Paint Both. Which would have required cleaning out the west stall......
                      Slowly finding the floor in the west stall as these projects progress.
                      It's to rain Wednesday afternoon onto Thursday,....might do a little clean up, finding tools, fire the shop vac up, file receipts in the shop Office to find a desk in there.......
                      I know "Its Only a Dream"......

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                        Baby Steps......
                        Working on the 66 F100's engine and
                        With the unseasonably warm weather, painted all the front clip parts and doors OUTSIDE yesterday. Big Time Saver, not having to put up the Cheesy Paint Both. Which would have required cleaning out the west stall......
                        Slowly finding the floor in the west stall as these projects progress.
                        It's to rain Wednesday afternoon onto Thursday,....might do a little clean up, finding tools, fire the shop vac up, file receipts in the shop Office to find a desk in there.......
                        I know "Its Only a Dream"......
                        To dream the impossible dream, to clean the uncleanable garage
                        to find the unfindable tools...

Comment

• MESSY garage no more! And I can find stuff! And I used the anvil for something other than a big doorstop! I am speechless over it. Well obviously not but it's really nice being able to find what I'm looking for and move around the garage without risking life and limb. It only took 25-30 minutes start to finish to make a license plate holder and mount it to the trailer. And that was with a little delay due to finding the one hole in my left hand welding glove, and going to the bathroom to get the aloe for the burn!

Burning flesh, it smells like victory in the morning!

Comment

• how long to fix the hole in the left hand?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              how long to fix the hole in the left hand?
                              You know how when stuff like that happens you do something to relieve the feeling you are experiencing? Yeah, I tend to throw stuff! There's an old hammer somewhere in the woods now. Interesting sound they make as they go thru the branches. I've lost more tools that way...

Comment

You know how when stuff like that happens you do something to relieve the feeling you are experiencing? Yeah, I tend to throw stuff! There's an old hammer somewhere in the woods now. Interesting sound they make as they go thru the branches. I've lost more tools that way...
                                it's all part of wound care - they teach you in Survival first aid that allowing the patient to yell and scream reduces infection by up to 80% I've found it also helps defoliate a nice area for treatment. It's also why I carry ear plugs in my kit.
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 23, 2021, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X