No announcement yet.

Garage messy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still haven't found the hammer! Not really looking hard for it. The gloves are gone, the burn has healed, and I still have a clean garage. Well, for a garage...

Comment

• Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
      Still haven't found the hammer! Not really looking hard for it. The gloves are gone, the burn has healed, and I still have a clean garage. Well, for a garage...
      your thumbs are thanking you for your lack of organization....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Both

Comment

• Reviving an old thread for fresh input.

Spray cans were conquering the shop and I was bending aluminum anyhow so I did this: These are a lot like the ones they sell for enclosed race trailers but a lot cheaper......

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0902.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1310707

Then I went nuts. Harbor Freight sent me an Email and these were on sale and the next thing you know:

Name:	IMG_0903.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	886.0 KB
ID:	1310708

The idea is to put all the stuff I use regularly in the new box and keep my big SS box for all the weird stuff. With a little throwing out I think I can get down to just the two boxes but we'll see - I may need to keep the old Snap On top box. I'll keep transferring stuff and see how it works out. Most of my "regular" stuff is in there and I can roll it easily to the project which is nice.

Name:	IMG_0904.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	917.6 KB
ID:	1310709

Dan

Comment

• Now watch yourself going to the "Old Box and Location" for the tools you need.
            OR rambling around going "Now where are those"......
            I'm terrible at changing locations of Anything !!! I'm still looking for those plastic "Christmas Tree Pins" that I put away in a logical place back in 2015 when working on the Timber Cruiser refit then.....

Comment

• Spray cans? 2X4-6 wall support with a bungee cord sorta tight. Easy to read and sit firm

Comment

• You know Dan that toolbox is just too neat. I'm thinking that I might have to have an intervention. Repeat after me, I will leave some tools out after use, and I won't throw out some used up pieces. Neatness isn't everything!

Comment

• You know.....
                  you could Really Mess with Dan.
                  If you ever go to his house to visit,
                  secretly touch all the pictures in his house a quarter inch off center.....
                  Just Lighting the Fuse before you leave...LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Reviving an old thread for fresh input.

Spray cans were conquering the shop and I was bending aluminum anyhow so I did this: These are a lot like the ones they sell for enclosed race trailers but a lot cheaper......

Name:	IMG_0902.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1310707

Then I went nuts. Harbor Freight sent me an Email and these were on sale and the next thing you know:

Name:	IMG_0903.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	886.0 KB
ID:	1310708

The idea is to put all the stuff I use regularly in the new box and keep my big SS box for all the weird stuff. With a little throwing out I think I can get down to just the two boxes but we'll see - I may need to keep the old Snap On top box. I'll keep transferring stuff and see how it works out. Most of my "regular" stuff is in there and I can roll it easily to the project which is nice.

Name:	IMG_0904.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	917.6 KB
ID:	1310709

Dan
                    Looks like your AC/ DC kicked in
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

Looks like your AC/ DC kicked in
                      Back in Black!

Comment

You know Dan that toolbox is just too neat. I'm thinking that I might have to have an intervention. Repeat after me, I will leave some tools out after use, and I won't throw out some used up pieces. Neatness isn't everything!
                        Don't worry - there are still plenty of messes in there! I'm just trying to get my tool boxes down to smaller number and make my hand tools more accessible. And Bob - no 2x4s were harmed in the making of my shop - it's ALL steel except for a pressure treated wood reinforcement over each roll-up door. Nothin' to burn that way.

Dan

Comment

• So 2 months have passed an the garage is still neatish. Of course after dropping heavy shit on my foot I haven't been motivated to get out in the garage. Hmmm, that might be the secret. Stay out

Comment

• With the Timber Cruiser Makeover Done, have been cleaning up the shop.
                            Had a Six Beer Solution in the Thinking Chair yesterday evening!!
                            I Recycle ♻ everything I can. So I have a New Plan for All those empty Beer Bottles I've been finding around the shop, and those Shipping Noodles that seem to float everywhere....
                            I'm going to Package Them Up for Ukraine !!
                            Being a 2nd Generation Finlander, "Off Da Boat", we gave it the Name, "Molotov Cocktail" !!
                            Or Now called a "Putin Smoothie" !!
                            Last edited by Captain; March 2, 2022, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                              With the Timber Cruiser Makeover Done, have been cleaning up the shop.
                              Had a Six Beer Solution in the Thinking Chair yesterday evening!!
                              I Recycle ♻ everything I can. So I have a New Plan for All those empty Beer Bottles I've been finding around the shop, and those Shipping Noodles that seem to float everywhere....
                              I'm going to Package Them Up for Ukraine !!
                              Being a 2nd Generation Finlander, "Off Da Boat", we gave it the Name, "Molotov Cocktail" !!
                              Or Now called a "Putin Smoothie" !!
                              I wonder if that would also be a good way to get rid of old stale gasoline

Comment

I wonder if that would also be a good way to get rid of old stale gasoline
                                Blackberry killers!
                                Stinks forever!
                                Used motor oil is a fertilizer to blackberry plants!

Comment

Working...
                                X