Throwing popcorn again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing popcorn again

MTOD - Tony - built a "1000 hp daily driver".... but it doesn't make 1000 hp on pump gas, that number is 700..... Is 700 the new 1000 hp build?

Doing it all wrong since 1966

It does seem to make 1000 wheel hp on Q16.... but who drives a car on the street using $22.50 a gallon race fuel?

I call BS

Comment

E85
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        I call BS

Comment

Reality TV.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

its like the guys telling you how their daily driver runs 11s...
            but that was with slicks, open headers, a 4.56 center
            swapped in instead of the street 3.73, a dollop of 114 octane,
            a small 100 shot of N2O.......

oh, as it sits exactly as i drive it? a 13.89...... but it runs 11s
            and heres the slip to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
              its like the guys telling you how their daily driver runs 11s...
              but that was with slicks, open headers, a 4.56 center
              swapped in instead of the street 3.73, a dollop of 114 octane,
              a small 100 shot of N2O.......

oh, as it sits exactly as i drive it? a 13.89...... but it runs 11s
              and heres the slip to prove it.
              I'd love to see the guy that gets in your face and tells you to produce a time slip....I suspect he'd look just like the frogs and pigs I dissected in biology class..

I'm guessing that if you told someone you ran 8s in your Blazer, they'd believe you....
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 15, 2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I'd love to see the guy that gets in your face and tells you to produce a time slip....I suspect he'd look just like the frogs and pigs I dissected in biology class..
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Edgar The Bug (1).jpg
Views:	109
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1306246

Comment

Yeah, I run low 1's.....

Dan

Comment

I'm guessing that if you told someone you ran 8s in your Blazer, they'd believe you....

i went out with a girl for awhile (decades ago) that was WAY hotter than me (but so is a rock, so.....)
                    and when i asked about taking the next step she said she "only sleeps with guys who have killer bodies".

i told her i HAVE a killer body, try let me sit on you........

needless to say it fizzled right then and there. oh well. NEXT !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

i went out with a girl for awhile (decades ago) that was WAY hotter than me (but so is a rock, so.....)
                      and when i asked about taking the next step she said she "only sleeps with guys who have killer bodies".

i told her i HAVE a killer body, try let me sit on you........

needless to say it fizzled right then and there. oh well. NEXT !!!!!
                      reminds me of this:

I was driving down the highway and saw a guy hitchhiking - figured I'd stop and give the poor guy a ride.
                      Guy gets in the car and says "thanks for stopping, but how do you know I'm not a serial killer?" I said, "statistics, the odds against two serial killers being in the same car is quite unlikely." It's weird, I thought everyone had heard that joke. What can you do? That does lead me to another observation, it is far easier to convince someone that something false is true then it is to convince someone who has been duped that you were joking.

Comment

reminds me of this:

I was driving down the highway and saw a guy hitchhiking - figured I'd stop and give the poor guy a ride.
                        Guy gets in the car and says "thanks for stopping, but how do you know I'm not a serial killer?" I said, "statistics, the odds against two serial killers being in the same car is quite unlikely." It's weird, I thought everyone had heard that joke. What can you do? That does lead me to another observation, it is far easier to convince someone that something false is true then it is to convince someone who has been duped that you were joking.
                        And the bigger the lie the easier it is to "sell".

Dan

Comment

Sooo update, Tony responded to my snark on Facebook - said "he'll have 1000 hp when he gets his new injectors".... *sniff* they grow up so fast with their excuses....Sorry Tony, until you have the dyno sheet - it's a 850 hp street motor. I'll probably even dispute whether or not an E85 motor is a street motor because it does snow where he's at and starting an alcohol motor in the cold is not a fun endeavor....

Comment

Sooo update, Tony responded to my snark on Facebook - said "he'll have 1000 hp when he gets his new injectors".... *sniff* they grow up so fast with their excuses....Sorry Tony, until you have the dyno sheet - it's a 850 hp street motor. I'll probably even dispute whether or not an E85 motor is a street motor because it does snow where he's at and starting an alcohol motor in the cold is not a fun endeavor....
                            So, I am not above derailing threads! I have heard that alcohol motors are HARD on engine oil (moisture) so how does an E85 motor not have those same issues even if they aren't as bad as a 100% alcohol motor?

Comment

Block heater

Do we really see that much blow by on street mills? I'm not really interested enough to go look right now but what was his ring gap ratio?
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X